Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Thu 24 Sept: SL: Hull FC v Salford Red Devils KO 6pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Hull FC
      6
    • Salford Red Devils
      5

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:30

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Red Willow said:

If I was a Hull fan the constant repeating of the phrase would irk me more than it did as a Salford one. Last doesn't seem to be the guy to inspire the team

If you're referring to people going on about how many points we've conceded, I've learnt to just tune that out now. We've played 2 more games than the teams below us and conceded about 50 points more, those teams could easily concede 25-30 points in 2 games and we are 9 up on KR who are 1 game down on us so if we were all on equal games I'm sure those points would be closer and while people are mentioning our points concession they aren't mentioning we are actually the 4th (I think) highest points scorers. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

If you're referring to people going on about how many points we've conceded, I've learnt to just tune that out now. We've played 2 more games than the teams below us and conceded about 50 points more, those teams could easily concede 25-30 points in 2 games and we are 9 up on KR who are 1 game down on us so if we were all on equal games I'm sure those points would be closer and while people are mentioning our points concession they aren't mentioning we are actually the 4th (I think) highest points scorers. 

All sounds good HG, till you watch them.

Does Mr Pearson owe Radford an apology?

Some of those player's are performing as bad if not worse as under Radfords watch, no way does Last or Radford before him send them out to perform and execute stratergies and game plans so badly, the common denominator is the player's they either don't listen or are incapable of following instruction.

That is the view of me being a completely non biased viewer it is just an observation, It does not bother me if Hull play well or badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

If you're referring to people going on about how many points we've conceded, I've learnt to just tune that out now. We've played 2 more games than the teams below us and conceded about 50 points more, those teams could easily concede 25-30 points in 2 games and we are 9 up on KR who are 1 game down on us so if we were all on equal games I'm sure those points would be closer and while people are mentioning our points concession they aren't mentioning we are actually the 4th (I think) highest points scorers. 

I meant the commentator saying Hull's season was over. It isn't there are still a lot of games to play regardless of whether you get into the playoffs. Maybe it says much about the club/team if they consider it is over. Now is the ideal time to put things in place for next season, even if it is impossible this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

I meant the commentator saying Hull's season was over. It isn't there are still a lot of games to play regardless of whether you get into the playoffs. Maybe it says much about the club/team if they consider it is over. Now is the ideal time to put things in place for next season, even if it is impossible this year. 

Oh I get it, well that phrase doesn't really bother me either, cos as you say us fans know it isn't. If we can just get a respective final position in the table then that'll do me. I think people are forgetting that tbh this season isn't massively different in terms of raw statistics to others in a hull's recent history. Yes we've got to the playoffs a few times but more often than not we are mid table with a 50% or so win record, high points scored, high points again, not much different to now.

The main difference is that we aren't attractive to watch at the moment, on the field we look like a poor team but if we get some wins I don't really care about that at the moment. Look at the Hull threads on here, us Hull fans are all saying the same sort of things, as long as we don't get an absolute spanking then we aren't that bothered what happens at the moment. We lost by a score to Salford, which is always a little irritating cos there's that part of you that thinks you could have won it but at least it wasn't a 50 point bumming that we've gotten used to, we didn't embarrass ourselves. 

As you say, there's still a long way to go in the most turbulent season ever, I'm certainly not writing it off yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

All sounds good HG, till you watch them.

Does Mr Pearson owe Radford an apology?

Some of those player's are performing as bad if not worse as under Radfords watch, no way does Last or Radford before him send them out to perform and execute stratergies and game plans so badly, the common denominator is the player's they either don't listen or are incapable of following instruction.

That is the view of me being a completely non biased viewer it is just an observation, It does not bother me if Hull play well or badly.

I would suggest that any apology should be to Pearson who backed Radford by listening to his advice about who he wanted in the squad and delivering this. Last has been stood next to Radford for the last 6 years as his assistant barking out the game plan and instructions so struggle to see what we expected to be so different once he was the head coach? Rightly or wrongly he was given the opportunity to turn things around and that's simply not happening. Same stuttering attack and a very poor attitude in defending their line. Every time Salford got into Hull's 20 I expected a try.

I personally can only see a change when a new coaching team come in with new ideas and the players hear a new voice, a voice that will not tolerate players going through the motions. Rip up the current game plan and get the best out of some very talented individuals - turn them into a team.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boris74 said:

I would suggest that any apology should be to Pearson who backed Radford by listening to his advice about who he wanted in the squad and delivering this. Last has been stood next to Radford for the last 6 years as his assistant barking out the game plan and instructions so struggle to see what we expected to be so different once he was the head coach? Rightly or wrongly he was given the opportunity to turn things around and that's simply not happening. Same stuttering attack and a very poor attitude in defending their line. Every time Salford got into Hull's 20 I expected a try.

I personally can only see a change when a new coaching team come in with new ideas and the players hear a new voice, a voice that will not tolerate players going through the motions. Rip up the current game plan and get the best out of some very talented individuals - turn them into a team.

This is it ultimately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, boris74 said:

I would suggest that any apology should be to Pearson who backed Radford by listening to his advice about who he wanted in the squad and delivering this. Last has been stood next to Radford for the last 6 years as his assistant barking out the game plan and instructions so struggle to see what we expected to be so different once he was the head coach? Rightly or wrongly he was given the opportunity to turn things around and that's simply not happening. Same stuttering attack and a very poor attitude in defending their line. Every time Salford got into Hull's 20 I expected a try.

I personally can only see a change when a new coaching team come in with new ideas and the players hear a new voice, a voice that will not tolerate players going through the motions. Rip up the current game plan and get the best out of some very talented individuals - turn them into a team.

Thank you for the reply (do I address you as Boris or Tintin?).

Back in the first game of the season they looked every bit a team suggesting Hull was going to be a force this season and that was under Radford and his assistant Last, it is only down to the attitude of the player's that they are underperforming.

In a roundabout way, I have witnessed exactly the same with Leigh in '18, 19 new player's were brought in of a pedigree that should have walked the Championship not my view alone also every pundit and expert who at the start if the season were doing their predictions, what we actually witnessed on the field was a group of individuals (not everyone) having signed a contract just held out their hands to recieve their payment and gave nothing back in return, it was as low an attitude I have ever witnessed on a professional Rugby League field they robbed not only those who payed them directly but also the fans. Nearly all were on extended (more than one season contracts) and the management stated they can go and offered them to other clubs, all but 2 were snapped up by SL clubs such was their standing, non of them lost any money not even the two who no one wanted.

As you say you think it will be sorted if you get a new coaching setup, good luck with that the easy life may have already set in, if not hopefully for the clubs sake they can be replaced without to much expenditure.

Edited by Harry Stottle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red Willow said:

I meant the commentator saying Hull's season was over. It isn't there are still a lot of games to play regardless of whether you get into the playoffs. Maybe it says much about the club/team if they consider it is over. Now is the ideal time to put things in place for next season, even if it is impossible this year. 

John Wells reminds me of Professor Stanley Unwin, who spoke every word backwards but still made more sense than Wells did last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using Wells’ logic, Salford’s season (in the league) was over before the game started. I don’t recall him giving us credit for actually trying to win when then was nothing to play for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

As you say you think it will be sorted if you get a new coaching setup, good luck with that the easy life may have already set in, if not hopefully for the clubs sake they can be replaced without to much expenditure.

Certainly no guarantee that a new coach will immediately be the answer but the next step towards changing the culture. I fully understand the players attitude angle but this issue has hung over Hull for a few years now and is not just this seasons problem. Plenty of the current squad were not here in 18 or 19 when the fairly frequent hammerings and heads gone performances started (maybe even in 17!). The difference between our best and worst is huge and has been for too long now. 

Too many players in the comfort zone, players over rated and not as good as we think or tactics that simply do not suit the players strengths? Maybe a bit of all three. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...