Fri 25 Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Wakefield Trinity KO 8.15pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/20 at 19:45

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the above probably means a stunning upset by Trinity.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

One feature of recent games has been Fafita’s involvement in “incidents” which he has highlighted at the time and subsequently (without commenting on whether he has a point). If he is able to play, then it will be interesting to see whether he becomes unhappy at any point after being tackled. 

As for teams having to step down covid players, this year is only about one thing and that’s getting the games played for Sky.

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

One feature of recent games has been Fafita’s involvement in “incidents” which he has highlighted at the time and subsequently (without commenting on whether he has a point). If he is able to play, then it will be interesting to see whether he becomes unhappy at any point after being tackled. 

As for teams having to step down covid players, this year is only about one thing and that’s getting the games played for Sky.

Hopefully Wigan themselves keep focussed.

As for Wakefield, I am sorry to see Chester making all sorts of excuses for why his players are not sticking to protocols.  The complaint that they now have to do a proper deep clean rather seems to miss the point.

45 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Wakefield will pretty much have their first choice 13 on the field and a decent bench however I can’t see past the heavy defeat 

Wigan 42 - 6

Good, the squad named yesterday  looked the strongest since lockdown.  Then they were all saying at work we had 2 positive and 7 stood down.

Up the Trin 

1 hour ago, arcticchris said:

Wakefield have been a shambles on and off field ever since the restart. Seems like it’s not just the virus that is toxic there but the culture at the club as well.

Agreed, it seems like the Trinity players have all been worshipping at the Church of the Poisoned Mind but Karma will hopefully catch up to those responsible unless they really want to hurt me!

4 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Sky currently have the Handicap at 26 , which is unbelievable , i would put it at more like 46 if the noises coming out of Wakefield are correct regarding the make up of the Team .

Wigan 1/33 for a straight win on Skybet.  I might chance £330 for that certain tenner.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

3 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

As for Wakefield, I am sorry to see Chester making all sorts of excuses for why his players are not sticking to protocols.  The complaint that they now have to do a proper deep clean rather seems to miss the point.

Has there been something about players breaching protocols? I just heard that two had tested positive. 

1 hour ago, Curly perm said:

Has there been something about players breaching protocols? I just heard that two had tested positive. 

Chester said they would need to look at training aspects and have a good deep clean... presumably at the stadium training ground. 

So it sounds a bit sloppy.    Maybe I am being a bit harsh... but its their livelihoods!

3 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Plenty of players in the other 2 leagues would roll up their sleeves if asked to play on loan. 

3 big problems with that

1. They have not played for 6 months so not remotely match fit so more risk of injury.

2. Not Covid tested.

3. Most lower league clubs put their players on furlough. Breaking that would not be worth it for the players.

1 hour ago, arcticchris said:

3 big problems with that

1. They have not played for 6 months so not remotely match fit so more risk of injury.

2. Not Covid tested.

3. Most lower league clubs put their players on furlough. Breaking that would not be worth it for the players.

You only need tested by the SL Club before you train. FURLOUGH now allows you to work and not work, you can go on and off furlough when work is required or available.

Many players have kept a strict home train and fitness regime on term of their clubs and clubs fitness coaches. 

We're all a bit in the dark as to the spread of covid-19 in SL. For privacy reasons, it's never made public who tests positive or if anyone actually has any symptoms. The thing is, this random and regular testing of players is highly likely to produce a lot of false positives. If there are no symptoms, or the players have not been in contact with someone with symptoms, there could be 100 to 1000 times or more false positives than true positives. However, there's no other choice because it's impossible to to differentiate between a false positive and an asymptomatic true positive. At least there'll be pretty much zero false negatives, which are the real danger in this situation. Better safe than sorry, but the potential for 'unnecessary' disruption is huge. No-one can tell how many players have actually had the virus if they never have any symptoms. We could test for antibodies in those who have received a positive test, but that wouldn't be perfect either, unlikely to have detectable antibodies if you had no symptoms.

Archived