Fri 25 Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Wakefield Trinity KO 8.15pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/20 at 19:45

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

If defences just wanna go on strike at restarts the attacking team should just be allowed to play on , then they’d shift 

Almost as if these daft rule changes haven't been thought through.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

Thats a fair point, but that was a good effort from Bibby.

Lots of close calls tonight.  

He’s a better at centre,I’m surprised Lam didn’t swap him and Hardaker given his struggles tonight under the high ball.

Quality analysis from Jon Wells on the Sam Powell dropped ball Wigan try under the posts that was awarded.

"It looked like he dropped it but at least it wasn't a defining moment in the game."

No Jon, it took the score from 12-12 to 18-12 in Wigan's favour so you're quite correct, hardly relevant.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Quality analysis from Jon Wells on the Sam Powell dropped ball Wigan try under the posts that was awarded.

"It looked like he dropped it but at least it wasn't a defining moment in the game."

No Jon, it took the score from 12-12 to 18-12 in Wigan's favour so you're quite correct, hardly relevant.

Then at the other end Child sent the Johnstone's knock back to Tupou up to the VR as no try.  Wrong decision IMHO.

Not to worry though.  Much improved Wakefield performance rounded off nicely by Johnstone's track back and tackle on the Ginger Minger.   

I reckon that performance will upset a few Wakefield "fans" more than a drubbing would have. 😉

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Well played lads, good performance to build on.

Up the Trin the

Trinity worked hard and two calls went against them.   To be honest I thought the calls were right, but there you go.  But they were close on a few times.

But Trinity were just a bit short of a spark to fire, and maybe a little bit slow in the middle. But they worked hard, no sign of giving anything away.

But unlike the commentators, i think the most dangerous player on the park was Gildart.

I must say I thought the first 30 minutes were very uneventful, but once it got going that was a very good game. There is very little between these 2 teams. We have such a good back line, we just need to hold our own in the middle. It is just a shame that we won’t be able to focus on the derby, but even with half a team rested I think we could be competitive at this rate. I am not usually one to criticise my own side (no, really), but  I am glad that is one game nearer Flower leaving the club, he is a disgrace. 

2 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I must say I thought the first 30 minutes were very uneventful, but once it got going that was a very good game. There is very little between these 2 teams. We have such a good back line, we just need to hold our own in the middle. It is just a shame that we won’t be able to focus on the derby, but even with half a team rested I think we could be competitive at this rate. I am not usually one to criticise my own side (no, really), but  I am glad that is one game nearer Flower leaving the club, he is a disgrace. 

The tv seemed to think the weather was miserable, but even so we, Wigan, regularly gifted easy possession.  Its what we have been doing for years.

And is there a special rule that prevents us from tackling around the legs?

But in an other matter... I would say half of tackles in all games are around the neck, and mostly ignored.

It's not hard to see why Wakey have scored less tries than anyone else, for the amount of posession they had at the second half it was embarrassing that they couldn't score, the pies didn't have to show great defence it was just so predictable, turn the ball inside, dead end drives from the likes of Kopzack and Ashhurst then kick to the left wing on the last, how many times do they have to try it before doing something else?

10 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

The man likes to hear his own voice!!!! 

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Chairman i belive, Correct if i'am wrong. 

I think he was "Director of Football" but may be wrong.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 25/09/2020 at 21:35, DavidM said:

They took Ryan Hall and Kallum Watkins who were crocked and proved useless . He’d be well worth a punt from a club there for the qualities he’s got 

A bit harsh on Hall DM. Was injured when he went I know but he's never really had a chance to prove himself. He went and found himself second string to the Morris twins. Only played a handful of times and played outside a centre who won't pass.

Archived