• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

I've said it a few times now,  i think he's had a purple patch with some very good signings 

Mcmeeken, solomona, 

Webster had a career resurgence after signing from hkr, 

He lucked into getting hardaker who was in the form of his life.

Greg eden had a miraculous 12 months that no one saw coming, who then dropped off a cliff formalise.

They've never really sorted out at fb after hardaker,  the amount of people who have tried, garry Io, qlt, Eden, matautia, Turner, gob, there's probably a few more i cant recall.

But according to him, theyve had injuries for the past 3 years, consistently,  as if no other team does.

Injuries dont let your wife defenders run up and stand watching when dec patton puts Ben currie through a gap at the end of a game, or the giants last night streaming through just after scoring. 

He needs to shoulder some blame.

My wife doesn't need a defender, Barry; she can look after herself!  Skipton born and bred, so a typical Dales lass, I suppose!

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 14:29, Phil said:

As I’ve said many times and will no doubt say again, give it a go, there’s always vacancies for officials 

Being 86 yrs old, I think that I am rather past it, although I did referee for about three years when in my thirties. I did not find it too difficult on the whole.

On 25/09/2020 at 14:31, saddleworth said:

I am getting rather miffed off with comments about "the speed of the game". our game is cumbersome compared to the NRL. The speed of the game is ultimately governed by the official,  laying on being one of the prime causes. The performance of the bulk of officials leaves a lot to be desired at times. Not many years ago they were presented with salary increases, the opportunities to become full time professionals and receive the 100% support of the RL organisation. I honestly think that the above measures have not produced the professionalism and skills which were fully expected from the officials.

Can you give specific examples of performance leaving a lot to be desired?

Can you give specific examples of the lack of professionalism and skills?

Archived