THE WAR OF THE ROSES!

THE WAR OF THE ROSES!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who's best?

• Guns n Roses
    • The Stone Roses

Who's best?

Both with a brilliant debut. A second thingy cobbled together by the record company & a third thingy that was somewhat arguably overblown. Both with a fantastic fella on lead geetar, both with a reyt frontman. And the rythym sections were both pretty tidy too.

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

Between 1455 and 1485, the civil war known as the War Of The Roses , fought between two branches of the Plantagenet house for control of the English throne. Lancaster house represented by a red rose, York by white.......er hang on. Is this the wrong thread .🤔

15 minutes ago, Cas Vegas said:

Who's best?

Both with a brilliant debut. A second thingy cobbled together by the record company & a third thingy that was somewhat arguably overblown. Both with a fantastic fella on lead geetar, both with a reyt frontman. And the rythym sections were both pretty tidy too.

A few of us over fev way who enjoy a blast of squire/brown tunes with the amp turned to 11....

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

A few of us over fev way who enjoy a blast of squire/brown tunes with the amp turned to 11....

Speaking of Fev types, have you broken bread with that little beardy-type yet? Used to call himssen Machin, or summat?

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

15 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Between 1455 and 1485, the civil war known as the War Of The Roses , fought between two branches of the Plantagenet house for control of the English throne. Lancaster house represented by a red rose, York by white.......er hang on. Is this the wrong thread .🤔

Tis. 😄

17 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

We text frequently.... but not seen him in ages. I need to put that right

Yes. Yes you do. These are difficult times, & I wouldn't recommend the pub, but tha' can allus go forra a walk, eh?

2 hours ago, Cas Vegas said:

Who's best?

It’s a close run thing and I have seen both bands live with their original line-ups (minus maybe the drummers).

I bought Appetite for Destruction on vinyl in the USA while on holiday with the original cover art that was later banned, but I also own a copy of The Second Coming signed by John Squire.

I did manage to lose my virginity though with the The Stone Roses first album as the background music so that probably clinches it for me.

5 hours ago, HawkMan said:

I want that thread . I’d be able to contribute 

17 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s a close run thing and I have seen both bands live with their original line-ups (minus maybe the drummers).

I bought Appetite for Destruction on vinyl in the USA while on holiday with the original cover art that was later banned, but I also own a copy of The Second Coming signed by John Squire.

I did manage to lose my virginity though with the The Stone Roses first album as the background music so that probably clinches it for me.

@Gerrumonside ref You've therefore made a good case. 🙂

13 hours ago, DavidM said:

I want that thread . I’d be able to contribute 

@DavidM In which case shall we? I also have a bunch a stuff to say about this subject. 😄

15 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

This is the best:

Yer can't beat a bit of Cash, Mr @Wolford6

Speaking of The Man In Black, I met Peggy Gallagher once (the mother of those naughty boys from Burnage in Manchester) at a festival & she said she'd not come to see her lads, & come instead to see Johnny!!!!

PS These guys formed a band just coz of him - the pics in the vid give it away. 😉

20 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

If it was the whole album I'm quietly impressed in a manly silent kind of way. Some of us wouldn't have made it past the first chorus of I Wanna Be Adored

Err, so a friend told me.

Ah, That's made it sound worse.

On 25/09/2020 at 15:02, Gerrumonside ref said:

Johnny Come Lately. 🙂

Lokking at the title of the thread, there was I thinking this would be an erudite discussion of the historical inaccuracies portrayed  in the Phillipa Gregory inspired mini-series The White Queen and The White Princess.....

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/09/2020 at 19:33, DavidM said:

Warwick the Kingmaker was a very pivotal figure

Another Hunslet-Traitor.

Archived