Netherlands v Germany - live on YouTube

gingerjon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, doc said:

Commentator giving Barrie Mac a run for his money. 😁

I was watching without sound, mainly cos I was watching something on TV at the same time but also cos I watched about 5 mins with sound on and heard the commentator talk maybe only once every minute and there was no noise from the pitch so didn't see the point. 

14 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Full time!

The Netherlands hold on to win 20-18 and win the Griffin Cup for the fourth year in a row! 

Really enjoyed that, always love watching games with smaller nations in them. 

Had to leave so missed the last 10 or so minutes, I think we need to get the 2 Dutch centres over here and nationalize them, they are faster than anything England has produced, they both took their tries very well sidesteps, swerves and pace from a long way out.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Had to leave so missed the last 10 or so minutes, I think we need to get the 2 Dutch centres over here and nationalize them, they are faster than anything England has produced, they both took their tries very well sidesteps, swerves and pace from a long way out.

I think we need to get that black German lad over here, I think he was number 16, absolute beast just bulldozing defenders out of the way. 

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I think we need to get that black German lad over here, I think he was number 16, absolute beast just bulldozing defenders out of the way. 

I am sure it was he they referred to in the commentary as starting out in the Saints Academy and trialled at Swinton and it was either Oldham or Rochdale, but then again J could be wrong and it was another player on the field.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

So are these blokes that you and Harry mention are they blokes picked out of the German and  Dutch comps. or like when Anthony Siebold played for Germany , just have a German or Dutch grand parent and therefore qualify.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

One wasnt yanto  was it, didn’t think you were still playing marra 😜

27 minutes ago, langpark said:

I caught a bit of the first half and a bit of the second. There were approx. 300.viewers both times I tuned in. Pretty solid numbers. 

Yeah those numbers aren't too bad, I remember when I watched Greece v Scotland it was only getting those sort of numbers. Does show how little we publicise our game I suppose that what you might consider a traditional nation like Scotland who you would think would draw in more viewers was only getting the same as the game yesterday. 

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

So are these blokes that you and Harry mention are they blokes picked out of the German and  Dutch comps. or like when Anthony Siebold played for Germany , just have a German or Dutch grand parent and therefore qualify.

To be honest, I don't have a clue who they are, there are squad lists online but I haven't seen one with squad numbers so haven't been able to find out who was who. 

Presumably they will be players based in the Netherlands and Germany because it’s not like anyone is able to travel much for fun right now

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

One wasnt yanto  was it, didn’t think you were still playing marra 😜

Hung the boots up five years ago after playing 80 minutes for Den Haag v Rotterdam. 

Was coaching but registered to play never thinking I would need to... Mistake 🤔

Still feeling that last game now marra. 

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

All the Dutch side play in the domestic competition. 

Number 4 Thomas Farrell and number 11 Frank Longford are the only two " none Dutch" and qualify on the five year residency rule. 

10 minutes ago, yanto said:

Hung the boots up five years ago after playing 80 minutes for Den Haag v Rotterdam. 

Was coaching but registered to play never thinking I would need to... Mistake 🤔

Still feeling that last game now marra. 

All the Dutch side play in the domestic competition. 

Number 4 Thomas Farrell and number 11 Frank Longford are the only two " none Dutch" and qualify on the five year residency rule. 

Thanks for replying mate, I didn`t see the game but some of the posters that did were rapping it. Goods news about those Dutch numbers. Hopefully the RLEF and EuroX111 can work together at some stage and give these blokes some regular games. Nothing like internationals to generate interest.

I been watching international League for 40+ years and I can`t believe how the quality has improved , I can remember when it used to be all one out running, drop balls and forward passes. It has come a long way. Makes me optimistic about the future. I watched the Northern Territory GF today over her in OZ and it was high quality stuff.

Archived