£440,000

How would you rather Super League spend the £440,000  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rather Super League spend the £440,000

• On Robert Elstone
    • On Toronto Wolfpack

This is not in answer to the OP question posed.   But I got to looking at the numbers here below and got to wondering if Super League has improved tangibly under Robert Elstone's watch.

What I have gleaned looking at the latest Super League accounts is that both crowds (8%) and commercial revenue (17%) are down in Super League under his watch. Also, the directors of Super League are not employed so the 15 members of staff are Robert Elstone and the people he employs - commercial, finance, marketing and of course Robert’s personal PA.
In my humble opinion everything wrong about the Super League breakaway is here in black and black. Shocking is the word that comes to mind.

Comments, opinions, and constructive criticism (if felt warranted) are welcomed.

120343634_3180942032028351_6896943945339230234_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=UuSo69_sSHYAX8xb0zq&_nc_ht=scontent.fyzd1-2.fna&oh=e00e4f92a184c7f68a04f0b096857692&oe=5F960E4B

The answer is Robert Elstone. I’m absolutely certain of it. Well, it does not necessarily have to be Robert Elstone per se, it could be anyone who is deemed experienced enough, but I am adamant the competition of Super League needs an overall leader. However, unlike Elstone, the leader of the competition needs complete authority over all its member clubs and not have their strings pulled by chairmen of the member clubs. 

I don’t think it should be an either/or situation either. I’d like both. Realistically, that’s not viable. Maybe a leader for Super League on less each year and a portion for Rugby League’s expansion plans. Thought that would require making and implementing a plan and letting it ride beyond three years. 

32 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:
This is not in answer to the OP question posed.   But I got to looking at the numbers here below and got to wondering if Super League has improved tangibly under Robert Elstone's watch.

What I have gleaned looking at the latest Super League accounts is that both crowds (8%) and commercial revenue (17%) are down in Super League under his watch. Also, the directors of Super League are not employed so the 15 members of staff are Robert Elstone and the people he employs - commercial, finance, marketing and of course Robert’s personal PA.
In my humble opinion everything wrong about the Super League breakaway is here in black and black. Shocking is the word that comes to mind.

Comments, opinions, and constructive criticism (if felt warranted) are welcomed.

120343634_3180942032028351_6896943945339230234_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=UuSo69_sSHYAX8xb0zq&_nc_ht=scontent.fyzd1-2.fna&oh=e00e4f92a184c7f68a04f0b096857692&oe=5F960E4B

To understand the full story you need to look at the costs that have been moved from the RFL. And how much less SLE now pay the RFL for these services. That is the main change here, although the SLE costs will undoubtedly increase. 

Ia have previously raised the dwindling number of sponsors though and been shot down due to the apparent new deals signed with Betfred and Dacia (both previously signed up in RFL days) - apparently they are record deals, but they may only start to show this year. 

The questions here are

1. How much money does Robert Elstone bring to Super League and does it cover his wages? If Robert Elstone can't even cover his wages in what he brings to Super League whats the point in having him. Somebody on his wages should be bring in at least £1 million a year.

2, How much value money wise does TWP bring to Super League and if they was to negotiate their own TV deal in North America would the other Super League clubs want a cut of it?

Summing up

Unless we (Rugby League) can break into the lucrative North American sports market or the TWP can get their own TV deal or get a huge sponsorship deal to cover their expenses i can't see the point of them and that would apply to any team from outside of Europe. At this moment in time i can't see what we are getting from Robert Elstone to justify his wages. I don't see or hear sponsors knocking down the doors of Super League clubs to offer them big sponsorship's and i don't see TV companies queuing up to offer us big TV money

How much free publicity did TWP bring to SL in those weeks before the 2020 season kicked off? Whether you agree with then being in or not, they generated huge headlines and publicity - particularly with the signing of SBW. What would have been in place without that wave of media coverage? 

4 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

How much to Mr and Mrs Hetherington take out of Leeds?

I don't know - you tell me. I would assume that the business, of which he is an employee and shareholder, thinks that it is good value for money.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

How much to Mr and Mrs Hetherington take out of Leeds?

What's that got to do with it ? You might as well say how much does Lenegan take out of Wigan. I've never seen what Robert Elston brings to the party and for those wages even less so. As for the poll it's daft.

Archived