Too many chefs

Mr Plow

Elstone has said SL are now looking at Ottawa and the due diligence done for them to enter League 1. Are SL not consulted when clubs make bids to the RFL to join? From the outside it looks like the RFL are all for expansion the North America but Elstone seem secpticle. Is this a case of the two governing bodies not working together when situations like Toronto have massive ramifications if they go wrong

8 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Elstone has said SL are now looking at Ottawa and the due diligence done for them to enter League 1. Are SL not consulted when clubs make bids to the RFL to join? From the outside it looks like the RFL are all for expansion the North America but Elstone seem secpticle. Is this a case of the two governing bodies not working together when situations like Toronto have massive ramifications if they go wrong

Too many chefs spoil the broth.

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Elstone ...SL...RFL ... Toronto ... Ottawa . Me feels it’s Groundhog Day 

Not just a Toronto/ Ottawa debate but do SL have the same plan/ vision for the game as the RFL do? If not then is it a good idea have P&R between them? It’s damaging the game

13 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Ottawa entering the Championships should not happen - they should be placed in an expanded SL with two divisions and P&R. Together with TO, Avignon, TW, Newcastle, Bradford, Leigh, Fev and Widnes plus 1 more

So you would get rid of the third division and play with just 2?

That isnt expansion 

16 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Ottawa entering the Championships should not happen - they should be placed in an expanded SL with two divisions and P&R. Together with TO, Avignon, TW, Newcastle, Bradford, Leigh, Fev and Widnes plus 1 more

a weakened SL you mean...

17 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

I don’t know where to start with this...

20 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Not just a Toronto/ Ottawa debate but do SL have the same plan/ vision for the game as the RFL do? If not then is it a good idea have P&R between them? It’s damaging the game

I am prepared to give Elstone the benefit of the doubt at this point, a bloke on 440k must have some ability, we might have to trust him.

Certainly the set up of the separate SLE  and the costs revealed in the accounts show that it is a gamble that a sport with limited funds can barely afford. However if this is part of a strategic vision they have for the sport then I am prepared to go with it for the moment.

8 hours ago, yipyee said:

So you would get rid of the third division and play with just 2?

That isnt expansion 

(The last one should have been London)

Interesting take on numbers, even for your average toe counter on here. 26 clubs made up SL and Champ this year - so that leaves 6 but then Newcastle and Avignon are outside the 26. So that leaves 8 plus C1 clubs. Seems like 2 FT leagues plus a PT league to me

15 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

(The last one should have been London)

Interesting take on numbers, even for your average toe counter on here. 26 clubs made up SL and Champ this year - so that leaves 6 but then Newcastle and Avignon are outside the 26. So that leaves 8 plus C1 clubs. Seems like 2 FT leagues plus a PT league to me

That isnt what you said though,

So ultimatley you proposal is that the championship goes FT.

Well if they could I'm sure they would, but they cant so they havent.

Leigh and Widnes calamitys after relegation demonstrates this.

Any Side in the second division needs directors money to stay FT and they only seem to want to do this as a stopgap to get promoted again.

7 hours ago, yipyee said:

That isnt what you said though,

So ultimatley you proposal is that the championship goes FT.

Well if they could I'm sure they would, but they cant so they havent.

Leigh and Widnes calamitys after relegation demonstrates this.

Any Side in the second division needs directors money to stay FT and they only seem to want to do this as a stopgap to get promoted again.

Its exactly what I said, your interpretation is the issue.

My proposal is as stated - 2 FT SL divisions to expand the game into N America and allow France to grow again, whilst ensuring those who have either shown they can draw a gate previously or have the cash and ambition to do so are not held back to allow expansion.

I am at a loss as to Leigh's calamity - it was simply trying to compete with TW, and playing them once more than anyone else prior to middle 8's  - even you probably know that if TW results were removed from 2018 Leigh would have been top going into the qualifiers.

Any club promoted in October that is PT is fekked in SL, so you must be FT if you have ambition to stay in SL, to be FT you need external support to top up - even you must understand that.

TW wasted Millions playing pub teams in their quest for SL, that money would have been far better spent on growing the game in Toronto than paying for Hemel Stags to go play a game etc 

Archived