Wire ring changes for Salford game.

ELBOWSEYE

Warrington have rested 12 first choice players for Tuesdays Salford game. 

Charnley, King, Gelling, Mamo, Austin, Widdop, Hill, Clark, Cooper, Currie, Hughes and Philbin are all missing from Tuesdays squad as price prepares for Saturdays semi final against Salford. 

35 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Charnley, King, Gelling, Mamo, Austin, Widdop, Hill, Clark, Cooper, Currie, Hughes and Philbin are all missing from Tuesdays squad as price prepares for Saturdays semi final against Salford. 

Ideal chance to get Mamo in the commentary team

13 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Ideal chance to get Mamo in the commentary team

He would certainly tell it straight on head shots unlike the usual sky team who almost blame the person hit for attacking the arm or shoulder with their head. 

53 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I'll reserve judgement 'til I see who replaces them, but that is quite a lot of first-teamers out.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm not sure why Widdop is rested. I'd get him some game time as he's hardly played this year anyway. Ratchford returns so I'd have Ashton at the back with Ratchford and Dean in the halves, Patton on the bench. Looking forward to seeing how the academy stars fill in. Longstaff and Robson did okay last time the chips were down so I'm hoping the others take their chance to impress too. Thewlis was very impressive on his debut last year, as was Dean.

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I'll reserve judgement 'til I see who replaces them, but that is quite a lot of first-teamers out.

Squad. Ashton, cole Oakley, keenan brand, riley dean, josh thewlis, ellis robson, sami kibula, eric doro, Ratchford, k shelford, j clark, m davis, BMM, Akualo, patton, Latu, nathan roebuck, connor wrench. Luis Johnson. 

4 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Squad. Ashton, cole Oakley, keenan brand, riley dean, josh thewlis, ellis robson, sami kibula, eric doro, Ratchford, k shelford, j clark, m davis, BMM, Akualo, patton, Latu, nathan roebuck, connor wrench. Luis Johnson. 

Interesting that Shelford gets a chance. He wasn't even brought in for that purpose I believe, more as a leader to help the academy kids transition? And it also takes me back to being a kid to see a 'K Shelford' on the team sheet.

4 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Interesting!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

He would certainly tell it straight on head shots unlike the usual sky team who almost blame the person hit for attacking the arm or shoulder with their head. 

It would be a breath of fresh air to not have to listen to the usual tripe

Just now, Big Ask said:

It would be a breath of fresh air to not have to listen to the usual tripe

True, but you get the feeling he'd get over-excited and run off when the others aren't looking, and start fiddling with all the expensive camera equipment and probably break something.

10 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

True, but you get the feeling he'd get over-excited and run off when the others aren't looking, and start fiddling with all the expensive camera equipment and probably break something.

Yeh but that might be Phil Clarke’s microphone 

20 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I'm not sure why Widdop is rested. I'd get him some game time as he's hardly played this year anyway. 

Thought he showed some classy touches against a good, physical Catalans. Looks like Price has shown his hand early and it will be interesting to see how Salford react to the tuesday game. 

48 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Leeds did it before 2014 Cup final and ended up getting beat by London, the Broncos only win of the season. I don’t think there is an law about fielding your strongest side though is there? 

I think it would be wrong for any criticism or discussion of punishment for squad rotation during this season where we are having to play more than 2 games a week. I think we will see a fair bit more of this, and tbh it is something I'm looking forward to seeibg as the season goes on. 

51 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Leeds did it before 2014 Cup final and ended up getting beat by London, the Broncos only win of the season. I don’t think there is an law about fielding your strongest side though is there? 

I think the difference is both games are between the same sides. 

Slightly surprised to see quite as many changes, but the semi is a big game and we cannot afford to take Salford lightly in it. Price and the coaching staff will know better than me how the players' bodies are fixed to play as many games as we are going to have to, and we do have a big squad.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Mr Plow said:

I think they’re prioritising the big games since all games are coming thick and fast 

This season has forced clubs to use their full squads which is giving younsters opportunity's, this can only benefit the kids and the game. 

13 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

This season has forced clubs to use their full squads which is giving younsters opportunity's, this can only benefit the kids and the game. 

True and I think we all rather see more kids coming through and being given a chance than sinning Aussie cast offs

1 minute ago, Mr Plow said:

True and I think we all rather see more kids coming through and being given a chance than sinning Aussie cast offs

Is that a Freudian slip there or a reflection on Aussies behaviour. 

42 minutes ago, LeeF said:

So Mamo gets dropped after his MOTM performance or is it because of his after match interview 😀

I like to think it is despite his after-match interview. :kolobok_biggrin:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived