Penrith- Epitome of suburban thinking

I see Penrith are over the moon selling out '7000' at Penrith Stadium.

The club should seriously be rethinking their small time thinking.  With Stadiums allowed to increase to 50% on Oct 1, the Panthers could have taken their game to ANZ stadium. A 40,000 crowd could have been a distinct possibility given many Panthers fans have been starved of seeing their team in 2020. I am sure they would have gone to ANZ in their droves given the circumstances. Plus Roosters fans would also have come out in force but will largely be closed to attending Penrith.

Also, the Panthers need to win games at ANZ stadium especially against top teams like the Roosters. Winning at Penrith won't mean diddly come grand final time at ANZ should they reach it. 

This is an opportunity missed & the Panthers small time thinking may come back to bit them.

I get your point and agree they would be likely to get more  spectators at ANZ.

I like clubs to play home games at their own ground if they have them.

7,299 is a sensible number in these difficult times and given they have the hill. Winning is the first priority for Panthers. I’m with them on playing at their home ground.

First and foremost it’s important they get over this first game with a win.

The semi finals and beyond will be played in bigger venues. Let them enjoy lighting up their own home this week..

I can see both your points, both legit, but I do agree with Graham this one is for the fans ,  bloody shame it`s not a 20 000 sellout. Playing Acca/Dacca before kick off.

I can still quite clearly remember the last time Penrith made a run to the GF, they were getting 18-20 000 every time they played at home in the weeks running up to the finals.

There`s a club who could really do with a mini-Bank West. The idea of Professional sporting clubs playing in a billion dollar comp at grounds that still have gum trees on the hill and hills at all is frankly a joke. Ditto Campbelltown, Brookvale, Kogarah.

13 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I can see both your points, both legit, but I do agree with Graham this one is for the fans ,  bloody shame it`s not a 20 000 sellout. Playing Acca/Dacca before kick off.

I can still quite clearly remember the last time Penrith made a run to the GF, they were getting 18-20 000 every time they played at home in the weeks running up to the finals.

There`s a club who could really do with a mini-Bank West. The idea of Professional sporting clubs playing in a billion dollar comp at grounds that still have gum trees on the hill and hills at all is frankly a joke. Ditto Campbelltown, Brookvale, Kogarah.

We probably could do with another stand to boost our capacity from the current 22,500 but there are no plans to do that.

What is currently planned by the Panthers Group is a $1 Billion investment in property development over the next few years. Not bad for a small time outfit.

I'll be one of the 7000 odd on Friday.

Archived