NRL Finals News, Previews and Predictions - GRAND FINAL WEEK

Graham

This is my post copied from the Finals Week2 match thread:

Preview: Parramatta Eels vs South Sydney Rabbitohs 

Well I thought Eels showed some much needed improvement last week against Storm. Now comes a stiff test for them though as they come up against a Souths team in top form. Rabbitohs blew Knights away last week. Eels conceded a lot of points against Melbourne and they’ve lost their first choice wingers to injury. Their back line is somewhat makeshift anyway. If this goes to form it will be one game too far for Parra and the expectation is that Souths will be the side to take on Penrith next weekend. Still as Raiders have shown today being underdogs can be a good thing!

My Tip: Rabbitohs to win by 13+ points

NRL fans from Canberra won’t be allowed to fly into Queensland to attend this week’s preliminary final against Melbourne as a result of the northern state’s strict border laws.

Anyone who has travelled from the ACT into NSW in the past two weeks must not enter the sunshine state as a result of Queensland shutting its borders to NSW residents due to the coronavirus pandemic.

It means any Raiders supporter who attended the Sydney Cricket Ground on Friday night for the semi final win over the Roosters won’t be allowed at the preliminary final.

Finals Week 3 

TEAM LIST TUESDAY

FRIDAY:

OQJGHgM.jpg

Storm: The Storm's only change from their qualifying final win over the Eels is Tom Eisenhuth replacing Chris Lewis on the bench. Cameron Munster has been named despite concern over a knee injury while Dale Finucane is a chance of returning from a calf strain after being named in jersey 18.

Raiders: Canberra have named the same 17 players that triumphed over the Roosters, with hooker Tom Starling and prop Sia Soliola listed to start in place of Siliva Havili and Hudson Young. Ryan Sutton is a chance to return from injury after being named in jersey 18.

Preview:

MELBOURNE V CANBERRA

Finals Week 3

So this do or die match offers the winners a place in the 2020 Grand Final.

Storm have had a week off to prepare having beaten Eels in Week 1 of the finals. Raiders by contrast had a gruelling game against Roosters last weekend. Raiders aim is to reach the finals for the second year in a row, though it will be a big ask as they face Storm who look to be able to name their first choice 17 for the clash. Raiders are likely to field the same 17 that faced Roosters.

Canberra have beaten Melbourne three times in the last four meetings. Storm though have a good record in Brisbane.

My view is that Storm can do enough to be the team to take that Grand Final spot.

G

PENRITH V SOUTH SYDNEY 

Finals Week 3

View from my swivel chair:

Panthers have been the best side consistently this season. They are on a 16 match winning streak! They are Minor Premiers. Their sole aim now is to be Premiers, the main prize.

Standing in their immediate way is a handy looking Souths side who have been terrific in attack in the last few games.

Both these teams are high scoring outfits. 
What with their attacking approach and the new rules, this could well be a high scoring duel rather than the hard fought battle of defences we might expect in a knock out game with a Grand Final place at stake.

I’m tipping a Panthers win. Maybe it’s because they will or because I can’t remember them losing a game!

What do you reckon? I’m saying the points will flow....

Archived