James Graham Announces International Retirement

Fantastic career, but it's time he put aside the extra distraction, wear and tear of representative Rugby, to concentrate on his last season or so of the club game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

With Burgess and Graham at their peak you’ve gotta think 2017 will be the closest we come to lifting the World Cup for a while. I just can’t see many English players coming through that are as good as those 2.

Walmsley and Thompson?

Burgess seemed to try too hard in an England jersey for me also.

32 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

With Burgess and Graham at their peak you’ve gotta think 2017 will be the closest we come to lifting the World Cup for a while. I just can’t see many English players coming through that are as good as those 2.

Looking back it was a great opportunity lost . Im not sure we fully believed and really went for  it . They were beatable that day 

Wonderful player and a wonderful career. Fantastic will to win attitude throughout his career.

A good example was the opening match v Aus at last World Cup. I was at that game at Melbourne, and after battering their line for multiple sets , they got a breakaway which effectively won the match. Jammer was the only player who ran back full tilt to try and stop the try or at least force a harder conversion.

Definitely in that group of Super League era greats who have played for GB/England along with Farrell, Scully, JP, Burgess , Morley and SOL.

I wish him well however he wants to finish his career.

Oh....and as an Evertonian, he has also got great taste in football

I had to smile last night when talking about his retirement Jodie Cunningham said with the WC scheduled for next year Jammer stated that there is a lot of talent knocking about and he does not want to decry anybody of a place, really.

He has been a wonderful servent to our game but as far as international selection goes he is past his sell by date, he should not have been selected for last Autumn's GB tour. 

If it doesn't get cancelled due to the restrictions in place, we are going to a sportsman's evening in early December where James Graham is the main guest. I've been to quite a lot of these over the years and I think Graham might be one of the best yet

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

On 01/10/2020 at 09:40, yipyee said:

Theres a balance and trying too hard impacted his performances, he should have just played his natural game

Sam Burgess natural game is to try his hardest every game, which has a knock on effect of inspiring the players around him. 

Archived