Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

Tues 29th Sept SL : Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves KO 5:30pm SKY

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Warrington Wolves

Discuss Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves here.

"Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

Patton will captain the side with Walker as vice-Captain. That suggests Ratchford won’t feature. I have a sneaky feeling that Ashton will be rested too and we’ll see Thewlis (who is also an excellent up and coming full back) at 1.

This will be an acid-test of the progress of Warrington’s academy set-up. A lot has changed in the last couple of years and I’ll be very happy if we can do a ‘Wigan’ and have a team of academy understudies not look too much out of place.

Worrying signs that Salford have gone rogue and been secretly developing their own players: Connor Aspey and Luis Roberts - two players they promoted from their development academy into the first team squad at the start of the season (we all knew they'd done that, right?) - are in the 21 man squad for this match.

The club is also showing a disturbing commitment to expansion of the sport by including Olly Ashall-Bott and Tom Gilmore: two players who are bound for the new Ottawa club and who Salford have had training with them in order to prepare.

Fair few players missing though.

That is quite the most bizarre line up I’ve ever seen if it’s not a wind-up? 

Akauaola on the wing, Johnson at prop.

Could be the fastest front row in history with the slowest back line.

And another first - two backrowers with the first name Ellis lining up together.

Edited by Cheshire Setter

I wonder who Akauola will be playing opposite? Could either be a very productive day for him or a very embarrassing one. Hopefully his opposite number wont have regularly done more than 10 minute spells either 😳

31 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

That is quite the most bizarre line up I’ve ever seen if it’s not a wind-up? 

Akauaola on the wing, Johnson at prop.

Could be the fastest front row in history with the slowest back line.

And another first - two backrowers with the first name Ellis lining up together.

Two players with the first name Luis on opposing sides, too. Quite possibly another first.

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Two players with the first name Luis on opposing sides, too. Quite possibly another first.

I think it happened in La Liga once 

• Haha 3

Wow that’s pretty special for those kids to hold out for so many tackles, ending with a tackle into touch worthy of a cup final.

And that’s your reward for the effort in defence. Dean for Widdop in the semi? 🙂

I wonder, is this performance a result of the fact that these kids are used to playing together every week, therefore looking more cohesive?

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Steve Price looking happier than normal 

Absolutely no pressure, so rightly enjoying it.

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I wonder, is this performance a result of the fact that these kids are used to playing together every week, therefore looking more cohesive?

Fewer expectations upon them, too.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

This is champagne stuff and these kids deserve to be a few more scores ahead.