Tues 29th Sept SL : Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves KO 5:30pm SKY

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Warrington Wolves

Discuss Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patton will captain the side with Walker as vice-Captain. That suggests Ratchford won’t feature. I have a sneaky feeling that Ashton will be rested too and we’ll see Thewlis (who is also an excellent up and coming full back) at 1.

This will be an acid-test of the progress of Warrington’s academy set-up. A lot has changed in the last couple of years and I’ll be very happy if we can do a ‘Wigan’ and have a team of academy understudies not look too much out of place.

Worrying signs that Salford have gone rogue and been secretly developing their own players: Connor Aspey and Luis Roberts - two players they promoted from their development academy into the first team squad at the start of the season (we all knew they'd done that, right?) - are in the 21 man squad for this match.

The club is also showing a disturbing commitment to expansion of the sport by including Olly Ashall-Bott and Tom Gilmore: two players who are bound for the new Ottawa club and who Salford have had training with them in order to prepare.

Fair few players missing though.

That is quite the most bizarre line up I’ve ever seen if it’s not a wind-up? 

Akauaola on the wing, Johnson at prop.

Could be the fastest front row in history with the slowest back line.

And another first - two backrowers with the first name Ellis lining up together.

31 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

That is quite the most bizarre line up I’ve ever seen if it’s not a wind-up? 

Akauaola on the wing, Johnson at prop.

Could be the fastest front row in history with the slowest back line.

And another first - two backrowers with the first name Ellis lining up together.

Two players with the first name Luis on opposing sides, too. Quite possibly another first.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I wonder, is this performance a result of the fact that these kids are used to playing together every week, therefore looking more cohesive?

Fewer expectations upon them, too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived