Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Warrington Wolves

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was refreshing, and I found myself hoping the Wolf Pups could hold on towards the end.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Clarke says Inu should be MOTM because he kicked a penalty from in front of the postsšŸ˜• methinks he's been watching too much Union in his polo neck.

I cringed when he said that. Inu may have kicked great tonight, but when you take a step back and look at the fact he was mostly outplayed by some 17 year olds, I donā€™t think it was MOM material.

10 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

If it wasnā€™t for the bad luck with the many disallowed tries it would have been a deserved reward of a win. Especially that dodgy call on Robson which didnā€™t look forward on TV.

Lots to look forward to in the future. Riley Dean and Josh Thewlis look better than anything weā€™ve seen in the academy for a long time.Ā 

you mean 'every pass to liam farrell where he breaks the line' pass ?

24 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Cruel ending with that offside penalty. Spoils a great finish.

It's a tough way to lose a game but the two Warrington players who tried to close down Lui were 3 or 4 metres offside and Mikalauskas had warned them that they were. It wasn't even marginal. I don't know what else we expect the ref to do in the circumstances. Ā 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 minutes ago, Ullman said:

It's a tough way to lose a game but the two Warrington players who tried to close down Lui were 3 or 4 metres offside and Mikalauskas had warned them that they were. It wasn't even marginal. I don't know what else we expect the ref to do in the circumstances. Ā 

Oh I agree, it was the right decision. Just a shame it ended the intensity of the game.

EDIT: They must have been really offside to close down Lui? šŸ˜

Just now, Cheshire Setter said:

Oh I agree, it was the right decision. Just a shame it ended the intensity of the game.

Agreed, it was a really flat way for theĀ game to finish. Especially since it had only just started to get interesting from my point of view.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Clarke says Inu should be MOTM because he kicked a penalty from in front of the postsšŸ˜• methinks he's been watching too much Union in his polo neck.

I think he said because of the difficult kicks he made from the corner convering the Salford tries. Had he not converted them all Salford would have lost.

Phil was also making the point how underappreciated an accurate goalkicker is in rugby league.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

What is Brand doing there ? That is basic 101 centre play .

Have to agree with you mate. Probably recognised how well some of his counterparts were showing up and was desperate to impressā€”- shame cos heā€™s a young kid but that decision is likely to cost him in the future. On another note, think that Dec Patten has shown up really well in his very limited appearances and has shown real professionalism and good organisational skillsā€”- shame he didnā€™t show it last season when it was his chance to stake a real claim for the futureĀ 

Well, I was really pleased with how the young lads showed up. We blew one or two key chances, and we had a couple of disallowed tries for forward passes where we possibly were overly keen, but not going to criticise anyone for anything there tonight.

Enjoyed it a lot.

Archived