Tues 29th Sept SL : St Helens v Wigan Warriors KO 7:45pm SKY

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

Where is all the ranting about Walmsley in that tackle, just asking?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eddie said:

This is a shambles, can’t believe Wigan have done this in a derby, even if there is a cup game at the weekend. 

I can't stand them but in the circumstances it's absolutely the right thing to do and we'd have done exactly the same. If it had been one game a week they'd have rested a few less but things are a bit different this year

2 minutes ago, Moove said:

I can't stand them but in the circumstances it's absolutely the right thing to do and we'd have done exactly the same. If it had been one game a week they'd have rested a few less but things are a bit different this year

I’m just annoyed because I’ve been looking forward to watching this all day at work and it’s just a mismatch. 

Grrreat kick, purrs Barrie as the ball trickles dead for a 7-tackle set.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

It’s amazing isn’t it? A really bad tackle that will put the young lad out for the season, and not one ounce of outrage on here.

if Flower had done that we would have already had a petition started for the death penalty.

Just goes to show how much faux outrage there is against WIgan.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

It’s amazing isn’t it? A really bad tackle that will put the young lad out for the season, and not one ounce of outrage on here.

if Flower had done that we would have already had a petition started for the death penalty.

It is amazing, and like you say, if that had been Flower we would have been at page 10 by now.

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

If a Wigan player had done the Walmsley 3rd man in tackle there would be outrage from some on here.

This is true. The alleged foul Flower got the other week was nowhere near as bad as that.  And neither of them were fouls.

Why did Knowles not get 10 mins just then?

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

This is true. The alleged foul Flower got the other week was nowhere near as bad as that.  And neither of them were fouls.

Maybe something to do with not contacting the head and not leading with the shoulder

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

Saints are playing right on the edge because they know they have too much for Wigan so giving away a few penalties is not going to hurt them.

Hands on the ball in every tackle and miles offside at every play the ball.

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

How do you feel about 19 stone men tackling below the knee when the opponent has already been held up?

I thought it was a penalty and he should get a ban for it. That's not really anything to do with me answering your question though. Just trying to help you out

6 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

How do you feel about 19 stone men tackling below the knee when the opponent has already been held up?

A season ending injury from an illegal tackle and not a beep from the Angels of the North.

The Walmsley tackle is why I think that only two players should be allowed in a tackle, it would cut down on injuries and a lot of the messing about we see in the ruck.

LMS is going for the David Klemmer invisible man award.

Sadly it looks like Saints won't rack up a big score due to the tenacity of Wigan's defence and sloppiness on their part.

5 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Saints are playing right on the edge because they know they have too much for Wigan so giving away a few penalties is not going to hurt them.

Hands on the ball in every tackle and miles offside at every play the ball.

That is nothing new for saints.  They do very well flopping and off sides.  They are very good at it. We can all stand back and admire them.

Dubious 10 mins in bin and a bit of a gift for Saints. Especially when Saints player gets sway with one.

But if Wigan finish 36-0 then will have done well.

Archived