Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely two players having a leg each and forcing a player to do the splits can't be right.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Jim Prendle said:

I guess that all depends on which team is doing it.

Sorry, I did miss the obvious.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Of course but invariably these sorts of injuries occur with three men pushing & pulling in various directions. 

I agree.  There are a lot of serious injuries taking place.  But teams put 3 players in the tackle to legitimately slow the ruck. And if you do not grab a leg then we see a player walk 5m with 2 men on your back.

5 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Saints ought to be just that bit quicker everything , not least because they first teamers.

On the face of it SKY must be a bit disappointed that they have to talk up 2 disjointed games on the trot.

Leave us out if it, we were competitive.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Too much too soon for these Wigan youngsters. Plenty of effort, and they can be proud of that, but they're just not ready for this level just yet.

Great experience for them, but kind of expecting the flood gates to open now.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I’m not sure about Lambs decision to rest so many players, some of these young lads playing for Wigan are not ready! It seems like he’s throwing some of them under a bus just to protect his Semi Final team, surely not the right thing to do.

1 minute ago, OMEGA said:

I’m not sure about Lambs decision to rest so many players, some of these young lads playing for Wigan are not ready! It seems like he’s throwing some of them under a bus just to protect his Semi Final team, surely not the right thing to do.

They're doing as well, if not better, than some fully fit first choice SL squads against a very good Saints team. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

4 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I don't agree with that at all.

Many of these lads have been on the fringes of the first team for ages, so they should be ready.

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

I don't agree with that at all.

Many of these lads have been on the fringes of the first team for ages, so they should be ready.

But not collectively all at the same time against St Helens

Yes some will prosper from it but some have been man handled a bit and will take a confidence knock

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

What's wrong with that? As long as the rules are the same for everyone, then that's fine.

Yes, so no one should complain about tackling round the legs.  

(when will ref send a saints player to the bin for off side)

Meantime, its all very well to have good young players, but you cannot expect a lot from a whole team.

There's a book by P.J.O'Rourke, called Age and Guile Beat Youth, Innocence, and a Bad Haircut. I think I'm watching the TV adaptation right now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived