Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Rocket

New Faces.

Recommended Posts

Looking forward to seeing some matches! Probably highlights, as the actual matches are not conducive to live viewing in the UK.


"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Rocket said:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/30/10-nrlw-rookies-to-watch/

Ball playing forward Taimane Levu  looks the goods.

 

The picture of Taimane Levu is of her playing for West Brisbane Pink Panthers. Disappointing, but not surprising, that NRL.com didn`t have a picture of Ellie Johnstone, who as a teenager is more deserving of the label "rookie". They`ve probably got a whole library of pics of the "Rugby 7s superstars".

Can`t help thinking the NRLW games would have been better at ANZ on Sunday ahead of Rabbitohs/Knights. Playing 4 games on Saturday, with a 11.30 kick-off for the first NRLW game won`t help the ratings.

I`ve been checking out some of the NT GFs from the weekend. The under-17s girls` final was abandoned after an injury. Being a bit squeamish I didn`t scroll on to see what the problem was, but it`s usually a leg injury. The first NSWRL women`s game to be livestreamed this year also didn`t go the distance after a serious leg injury took about half an hour to sort out.

This is happening too often. Unless it is anatomical, maybe with the rapid growth of female participation there are too many inexperienced players and coaches. Some leg injuries are unavoidably accidental, but many come from planting the feet or getting the leg in an awkward position going into contact.

If you`re interested in why I`ve followed overseas women`s RL in recent years, it`s partly to fill the gap where English men`s RL used to be. I`ve just finally had it with the contemptible non-PTB Touch rollball the RFL allow over here. We don`t have bona-fide RL, it`s more a Touch Football with heavy contact hybrid. If the RFL grow a pair and restore standards, I`ll pay attention again. Pending that, there are thankfully plenty of options to follow the game elsewhere in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/10/2020 at 06:09, unapologetic pedant said:

The picture of Taimane Levu is of her playing for West Brisbane Pink Panthers. Disappointing, but not surprising, that NRL.com didn`t have a picture of Ellie Johnstone, who as a teenager is more deserving of the label "rookie". They`ve probably got a whole library of pics of the "Rugby 7s superstars".

Can`t help thinking the NRLW games would have been better at ANZ on Sunday ahead of Rabbitohs/Knights. Playing 4 games on Saturday, with a 11.30 kick-off for the first NRLW game won`t help the ratings.

I`ve been checking out some of the NT GFs from the weekend. The under-17s girls` final was abandoned after an injury. Being a bit squeamish I didn`t scroll on to see what the problem was, but it`s usually a leg injury. The first NSWRL women`s game to be livestreamed this year also didn`t go the distance after a serious leg injury took about half an hour to sort out.

This is happening too often. Unless it is anatomical, maybe with the rapid growth of female participation there are too many inexperienced players and coaches. Some leg injuries are unavoidably accidental, but many come from planting the feet or getting the leg in an awkward position going into contact.

If you`re interested in why I`ve followed overseas women`s RL in recent years, it`s partly to fill the gap where English men`s RL used to be. I`ve just finally had it with the contemptible non-PTB Touch rollball the RFL allow over here. We don`t have bona-fide RL, it`s more a Touch Football with heavy contact hybrid. If the RFL grow a pair and restore standards, I`ll pay attention again. Pending that, there are thankfully plenty of options to follow the game elsewhere in the world.

They are on the main channel but the time of day, 11.30 a.m. for the first game is far from ideal. I read a post the other day regarding BBC1 and BBC2 and how being placed on BBC2 can  negatively impact ratings despite being one press of the button away. It`s the same here. I suspect that the WNRL will be quite popular and this will lead to more favourable time slots as the competition matures and grows in numbers.

The injuries are a real concern, thank goodness there hasn`t been a lot of head knocks that would be  even worse. I suppose it is just a case of watch this space.

Bloody shame that you are turning off your home grown League. I watched a little of it earlier in the year and a little bit lately and it is certainly a bit more `loose`. Staggered defensive lines, players not getting back on side, backs turned. The thing I can`t  understand is that there is a lot of Aussie coaches over there and players, why aren`t they bringing over the NRL intensity. Too many weak teams ?  The saving grace though is that new fans to the game don`t make these comparisons, they are more likely to see open play punctuated by big hits And that`s fine until you play OZ. 

Finals start today and the double header tomorrow so it`s a feast of RL this weekend, my heart is with the Raiders, and I always follow my heart. Come on give us your prediction, enough of the pedantry, who`s going to win and why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

They are on the main channel but the time of day, 11.30 a.m. for the first game is far from ideal. I read a post the other day regarding BBC1 and BBC2 and how being placed on BBC2 can  negatively impact ratings despite being one press of the button away. It`s the same here. I suspect that the WNRL will be quite popular and this will lead to more favourable time slots as the competition matures and grows in numbers.

The injuries are a real concern, thank goodness there hasn`t been a lot of head knocks that would be  even worse. I suppose it is just a case of watch this space.

Bloody shame that you are turning off your home grown League. I watched a little of it earlier in the year and a little bit lately and it is certainly a bit more `loose`. Staggered defensive lines, players not getting back on side, backs turned. The thing I can`t  understand is that there is a lot of Aussie coaches over there and players, why aren`t they bringing over the NRL intensity. Too many weak teams ?  The saving grace though is that new fans to the game don`t make these comparisons, they are more likely to see open play punctuated by big hits And that`s fine until you play OZ. 

Finals start today and the double header tomorrow so it`s a feast of RL this weekend, my heart is with the Raiders, and I always follow my heart. Come on give us your prediction, enough of the pedantry, who`s going to win and why.

That`s a breakthrough if NRLW is on the main Nine channel this year. As I posted on the other thread, the two previous comps were on the secondary channel, which I remembered afterward is called Gem.

You`re right that even in the modern world of media cornucopia, people still seem to watch "Television" on a main channel. Not anything in particular, just whatever happens to be on (Hello, Melbourne). Secondary channels are more preaching to the converted. Could understand it in the past when changing channels meant getting up out of your chair. Try explaining that concept to the young - they can`t believe it.

Your strictures of SL are just descriptions of lower quality. That isn`t what`s turned me off. It`s our ghastly rollball, which is clearly now being coached here as standard. I would have been interested to know what you make of it, since I`m convinced the only thing that will bring this to a head is if an Aussie ref penalises the ass off an English team for not playing the ball correctly. I noticed during the Kumuls/Lions Test last year there was a reaction in the crowd to our players` non-PTBs, but the Aussie ref did nothing.

Men`s NRL is off topic, but I`m with the Dragons for the NRLW. I`ve said before that they`re the best-looking Football team I`ve ever seen. Of course that`s all incidental, it`s the Footy that counts. However, Tiana Penitani, Shaylee Bent, Isabelle Kelly, Jessica Sergis, and a few others, do add a certain je ne sais quoi when you`re watching a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Rocket said:

They are on the main channel but the time of day, 11.30 a.m. for the first game is far from ideal. I read a post the other day regarding BBC1 and BBC2 and how being placed on BBC2 can  negatively impact ratings despite being one press of the button away. It`s the same here. I suspect that the WNRL will be quite popular and this will lead to more favourable time slots as the competition matures and grows in numbers.

Here's hoping that, as the number of men's teams in the NRL finals gets whittled down, the women's game gets moved into later slots.

In UK time, tomorrow's WNRL matches kick off at 2:30am and 6am. I'm not setting my alarm for that, and even if I did, I'd probably sleep through it. :kolobok_sad:

  • Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

In UK time, tomorrow's WNRL matches kick off at 2:30am and 6am. I'm not setting my alarm for that, and even if I did, I'd probably sleep through it. :kolobok_sad:

Reminds me of the time I sat up half the night waiting for Becker vs. Agassi  Wimbledons` Men Final,  dozed off before it started and was woken by the applause at the end of the match.🥴

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Reminds me of the time I sat up half the night waiting for Becker vs. Agassi  Wimbledons` Men Final,  dozed off before it started and was woken by the applause at the end of the match.🥴

Been there, done that. Even worse was when I was babysitting my niece on Challenge Cup Final day, and I promised to let her watch her favourite videotape mid-afternoon, thinking "okay, I'll miss 20, maybe 30 minutes of the match, but I can watch the rest". The damn tape was nearly 2 hours long! And excruciatingly bad, to boot.

Anyway, it looks like Fox League are doing extended highlights of the opening WNRL rounds at what works out to be around about teatime on Sunday for us Poms. So that'll do until they start scheduling kick-offs at more reasonable times.

  • Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lenny Henry...young black fella, tells a few jokes and knocks out a few impressions....I reckon he might do quite well in years to come? I cant believe that pop combo (im led to believe they are called these days) Showaddywaddy only finished second tho..obscurity beckons!

Edited by Gray1967
Missed a word
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed watching the women this morning, it's a lot easier time wise here in Singapore.

On the injuries - I think there are similarities to the position women's football in the USA was in about 10 years back. Players were full time during the season but worked other jobs outside of it, and were being asked to do more than they'd done before and at a higher level. The result was a big increase in injuries, particularly to the knee and ankle. As the game progressed and a new generation began to come through who had only ever played (and just as importantly trained) at that level the number of injuries decreased. I think we'll see similar in RL over the next few years.

  • Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The St.George vs. Roosters game was a special, loads of ball movement and attacking footy and the impact is fantastic, got to say I am really enjoying the womens game. They are so committed and I think I can say this safely, they look great, all them fit girls with them great legs in footy shorts and the pony tails, I know this is a bit silly but I love it when you see them fixing their pony tails on the run during play. We are so lucky to have the women playing now and seriously I can only see it going from strength to strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

The St.George vs. Roosters game was a special, loads of ball movement and attacking footy and the impact is fantastic, got to say I am really enjoying the womens game. They are so committed and I think I can say this safely, they look great, all them fit girls with them great legs in footy shorts and the pony tails, I know this is a bit silly but I love it when you see them fixing their pony tails on the run during play. We are so lucky to have the women playing now and seriously I can only see it going from strength to strength.

It's going to explode, no doubt about it. You can see it in the enthusiasm generated, from the players. I think we'll see an expanded and fully pro comp much quicker than anyone at the NRL expects; I'd guess mid-decade, with 6-8 pro teams. And, as we've seen with the mens game, it will drag the likes of PNG, Tonga and Fiji into being competitive with Australia and New Zealand.

From the outside, it really gives an insight into just how ingrained RL is in the culture that so many female athletes are returning to their childhood passion - now that they can see they're being treated properly and given the respect they deserve. So many women who switched to union, athletics, cricket and soccer in their teens because those sports offered genuine opportunities, but RL is embedded in their DNA and now it is giving them what they want. It's genuinely exciting.


"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic games from the women,They just get on with job and its great to watch the skills and some big shots going in all over the park, When things get back to normal i hope we get a few curtain raisers as they deserve to be seem by massive crowds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nadera78 said:

It's going to explode, no doubt about it. You can see it in the enthusiasm generated, from the players.

Saw on the local Mid-North Coast news here Friday, 10 team Women`s, 8 team u`17`s and  12 team u`15`s competitions starting for the first time. I assume it`s all going to be played in conjunction with the male competitions. There are so just so many positives seeing the women being able to participate instead of just being restricted to ancillary and spectator roles. Respect. I`ll tell you these women aren`t going to need us much longer.😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Rocket said:

The St.George vs. Roosters game was a special, loads of ball movement and attacking footy and the impact is fantastic, got to say I am really enjoying the womens game. They are so committed and I think I can say this safely, they look great, all them fit girls with them great legs in footy shorts and the pony tails, I know this is a bit silly but I love it when you see them fixing their pony tails on the run during play. We are so lucky to have the women playing now and seriously I can only see it going from strength to strength.

Dragons conceded two softish tries out of dummy-half. Hope you were concentrating, and noticed that both illustrated the danger of not having a marker set square at short -range. The A-defenders weren`t tight enough either, particularly on the first one, where it was the Dragons` full-back Sam Bremner, who was not only too wide but also massively over-read the play.

Interesting note from the Broncos/Warriors game. In the last minute or two, Warriors` Kirra Dibb kicked directly off a scrum. It was the first instance I`ve seen of a 20/50 touchfinder. Unfortunately the commentary team hadn`t a clue what had happened. They called it as "touched in flight". They ought to have been able to work it out, since it resulted in a tap for the kicking team.

This year`s lead commentator was still guilty of some cases of mistaken identity. But not as many as in previous years, when at times they seemed to be drawing the names out of a hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2020 at 16:38, nadera78 said:

It's going to explode, no doubt about it. You can see it in the enthusiasm generated, from the players. I think we'll see an expanded and fully pro comp much quicker than anyone at the NRL expects; I'd guess mid-decade, with 6-8 pro teams. And, as we've seen with the mens game, it will drag the likes of PNG, Tonga and Fiji into being competitive with Australia and New Zealand.

From the outside, it really gives an insight into just how ingrained RL is in the culture that so many female athletes are returning to their childhood passion - now that they can see they're being treated properly and given the respect they deserve. So many women who switched to union, athletics, cricket and soccer in their teens because those sports offered genuine opportunities, but RL is embedded in their DNA and now it is giving them what they want. It's genuinely exciting.

Your second paragraph sums up my reasons for interest in women`s RL. In recent years it`s been the outstanding area of growth and success for the game.

Next week`s draw is up on NRL.com. It has Roosters/ Warriors and Dragons/Broncos. If the Roosters beat the Warriors, and the Broncos beat the Dragons, this will mean dead rubbers for round 3, and Roosters/Broncos two weeks running. (Round 3 and GF). 

Not sure if this has just been decided or whether the whole draw was made before the start of the comp. Either way it`s an odd choice not to avoid the risk of the above scenario, which is always possible in a 4 team round-robin.

Edited by unapologetic pedant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching the Fox League extended highlights (nearly an hour per game, well done!) and really enjoyed it, although St George-Illawarra lost.

All the teams looked a little rusty at first, plus they had to integrate the RU players who have switched up for this season (at least), but things got good quickly enough.

The Orchids' captain Elsie Albert (any relation to Stanton & Wellington?) was flattening Roosters from the start and will be a crowd favourite. The RU Sevens converts looked good in attack, and did some decent defensive work on the whole. Unfortunately, my favourite female RL player Kezie Apps had to go off the field, following two head-clashes.

And how long has it been since anyone could hook themselves up to a lie-detector and say "The Brisbane Broncos look really good" with any confidence that they'd be believed? :kolobok_biggrin:


"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standout players on the two winning sides of NRLW round 1 for me were Nita Maynard and Amber Hall. Neither are Rugby 7s "Stars", so won`t get much attention. This is not healthy long-term.

Women`s RL needs to produce its own stars, who are recognised as such by the media. If an impression is projected that NRLW relies on another sport to generate interest, that other sport will be perceived as superior. When English RL clubs were addicted to signing Welsh RU players it was open, craven acknowledgement that this was their only means of attracting national media interest. Each signing was depicted by RU journalists as the latest desperate effort by a failing sport to tap into the appeal of a more prestigious rival.

This post is in no way a personal critique of the 7s "Stars", who were competent and adapted well, particularly those like Charlotte Caslick for whom it was their first game of League. 

The Roosters` third try was set up by a line-break from Sarah Togatuki on the previous play. This was cut from the NRL`s highlights package, where they picked up the play in time for Charlotte Caslick`s run and offload. Had Charlotte made the earlier line-break, without doubt it would have been prominently featured. 

Watching Charlotte, it struck me her dynamic running style is similar to that of Karina Brown. If Karina played 7s, with all the extra space, she`d probably carve it up, as would many others currently in the NRLW. No stardust for them though, they`re mere League players.

Most journalists, including RL media, have only a shallow understanding of the game and thus little ability to assess players` performances. If they are told that someone is a 7s "Star", that`s the angle they`ll go for. They`ll watch a game primed to notice every good thing the "Stars" do, whilst neglecting the same things done at least as well and as often by others. Procuring RU players for the NRLW was a guarantee of distorted, superficial coverage.

For all their current woes, the ARU should be looking on satisfied. The NRLW will have acted like a furlough scheme for their 7s "Stars", who will return to them with enhanced public profiles.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2020 at 18:16, Futtocks said:

Just finished watching the Fox League extended highlights (nearly an hour per game, well done!) and really enjoyed it, although St George-Illawarra lost.

All the teams looked a little rusty at first, plus they had to integrate the RU players who have switched up for this season (at least), but things got good quickly enough.

The Orchids' captain Elsie Albert (any relation to Stanton & Wellington?) was flattening Roosters from the start and will be a crowd favourite. The RU Sevens converts looked good in attack, and did some decent defensive work on the whole. Unfortunately, my favourite female RL player Kezie Apps had to go off the field, following two head-clashes.

And how long has it been since anyone could hook themselves up to a lie-detector and say "The Brisbane Broncos look really good" with any confidence that they'd be believed? :kolobok_biggrin:

Kezie stretched the long legs out for a couple of tries in the Illawarra GF last week. She, Jess Sergis, and Sam Bremner again played for Helensburgh this year. In future I suspect all NRLW players (apart from any 7s "Stars") will have to have played in the higher quality NSW or QLD comps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said on the other thread, I thought Amber Hall and Tamika Upton were great for the Broncos. The former an almost unstoppable edge forward and the latter a classy rangy running full back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No highlights on the NRL Youtube channel. :kolobok_sad:


"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

For all their current woes, the ARU should be looking on satisfied. The NRLW will have acted like a furlough scheme for their 7s "Stars", who will return to them with enhanced public profiles.

 

I think your take here may be a little pessimistic.

As I was watching, if anything, my take on it was actually almost the opposite. Those games rated up around the 70 000 to 80 000 mark on FTA television and there would have been a lot of girls who play rugby or rugby sevens watching thinking this looks alright maybe I`ll sign up in my local women`s League comp. The higher rating game was the one played later in the day which suggests a decent late afternoon or evening timeslot may see those ratings figures double or more as the comp matures and word spreads of its obvious appeal.

I think the promotion for Womens Rugby League will far outweigh anything women`s rugby 7`s will receive from this. Anyone who after all the hype surrounding those players takes a look at 7`s will only see a game that resembles a bunch of headless chooks running around in circles. Not to mention revealing that Womens rugby is beset with all the same issues that blight the mens` game.

No I think Rugby League was definitely the winner here. I just can`t see hoards of women flocking to union of any type after what we witnessed this weekend. It`s only going to get bigger and bigger and slowly but surely as there is more rep football and big games our own stars will come to the fore.

I checked he tv ratings:  Broncos vs. Warriors total viewing audience  123 000

                                           St. George vs. Roosters    70 000.

Edited by The Rocket
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I think your take here may be a little pessimistic.

As I was watching, if anything, my take on it was actually almost the opposite. Those games rated up around the 70 000 to 80 000 mark on FTA television and there would have been a lot of girls who play rugby or rugby sevens watching thinking this looks alright maybe I`ll sign up in my local women`s League comp. The higher rating game was the one played later in the day which suggests a decent late afternoon or evening timeslot may see those ratings figures double or more as the comp matures and word spreads of its obvious appeal.

I think the promotion for Womens Rugby League will far outweigh anything women`s rugby 7`s will receive from this. Anyone who after all the hype surrounding those players takes a look at 7`s will only see a game that resembles a bunch of headless chooks running around in circles. Not to mention revealing that Womens rugby is beset with all the same issues that blight the mens` game.

No I think Rugby League was definitely the winner here. I just can`t see hoards of women flocking to union of any type after what we witnessed this weekend. It`s only going to get bigger and bigger and slowly but surely as there is more rep football and big games our own stars will come to the fore.

Plus, with all the money woes in Australian RU, they will almost certainly cut the money to the women's game before the men's, simply as a matter of survival of their remaining semi-marketable brands.

  • Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

I think your take here may be a little pessimistic.

As I was watching, if anything, my take on it was actually almost the opposite. Those games rated up around the 70 000 to 80 000 mark on FTA television and there would have been a lot of girls who play rugby or rugby sevens watching thinking this looks alright maybe I`ll sign up in my local women`s League comp. The higher rating game was the one played later in the day which suggests a decent late afternoon or evening timeslot may see those ratings figures double or more as the comp matures and word spreads of its obvious appeal.

I think the promotion for Womens Rugby League will far outweigh anything women`s rugby 7`s will receive from this. Anyone who after all the hype surrounding those players takes a look at 7`s will only see a game that resembles a bunch of headless chooks running around in circles. Not to mention revealing that Womens rugby is beset with all the same issues that blight the mens` game.

No I think Rugby League was definitely the winner here. I just can`t see hoards of women flocking to union of any type after what we witnessed this weekend. It`s only going to get bigger and bigger and slowly but surely as there is more rep football and big games our own stars will come to the fore.

Goes without saying that I hope your more optimistic take proves well-founded. In UK signing Union players always compounded a raft of misapprehensions. - That RL was professional RU. That RL was played for money, RU for love. That RU was standard "Rugby", RL a deviation from the "Rugby" norm. A lot of harm flowed from all this, encapsulated by the bafflement some still evince at RL`s continued existence now that RU is also pro.

The NRL have more control over the narrative. However, (I might possibly have mentioned this before) that power is often not used to advantage, quite the reverse. Some of the idolatry of 7s "Stars" has been as obsequious as that afforded to Welsh RU "Stars" over here.

The way RU 7s became the standard option for girls beyond the age of 12, can be largely imputed to NRL neglect, but that perception could still resonate, even in Aus, due to its status as an Olympic sport. And in relation to Futtocks` point about financing, I assume that makes it eligible for substantial public funding separate from the ARU.

The NRL already sends the message to NZ that schoolboy RU is a good route to an NRL contract. They shouldn`t emit similar signals linking 7s with NRLW. I said on another thread I had no quarrel with NRLW contracts being offered to those who played club League this year, only to those parachuted in then straight back to RU after the comp. 

The Roosters even signed Grace Hamilton the Wallaroos 15s captain, then had her as 18th player on Saturday. What`s the point of that, other than to deny a regular RL player an opportunity to step up to a higher level?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/10/2020 at 22:44, The Rocket said:

 

I checked he tv ratings:  Broncos vs. Warriors total viewing audience  123 000

                                           St. George vs. Roosters    70 000.

There`s another 55k on Fox League for Broncos/Warriors game to add to the FTA figure.

Do we know how the FTA ratings for both games compare to what Nine would otherwise show in those timeslots? It`s those relative numbers that will determine whether Nine continue with NRLW on the main channel in future years.

Just to add something to the debate about the 7s/NRLW interaction. My understanding is that the Aussie women players on the 7s circuit are fully professional. This is not so for women RL players, and won`t be indefinitely. Hence why it`s a mistake for the NRL to indicate that 7s can be a ticket to an NRLW contract in addition to the lure of a full-time 7s career and Olympic participation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...