Weds 30th Sept SL : Leeds RLFC v Dragons Catalans KO 18:00

M j M

Half time, 6-16.

Tom Davis hat-trick completed just before half time.

The Leeds team with eight debutants isn't doing too badly based on the Radio Leeds observations but I fear it will run away a bit from them in the second half.

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

Radio Leeds when they leave the mic on at half time aren't as entertaining as Radio Merseyside.

I take that back to a degree, it's picking up a bit now. Not Ray French, "I've lost my jumper" good but James Deighton and Francis Cummins are talking about a big dog. Not sure if it's a euphemism or not.

Jack Walker has gone off at half time on his return from the injury he got right at the start of the season 😞

The commentators thought he picked up a knock in the first half - or perhaps Agar is easing him back in gently/saving him for Saturday.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Jack Walker has gone off at half time on his return from the injury he got right at the start of the season 😞

The commentators thought he picked up a knock in the first half - or perhaps Agar is easing him back in gently/saving him for Saturday.

Is that Young Jack Walker?

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Nope, Cats still 5th

Yes. I just realized and changed my post just before I saw that you corrected me.

Catalans have already played and lost to St. Helens, Wigan and Warrington, so they will have an easier remaining game schedule than Leeds. This means that Catalans have an easier prospect of getting the vital fourth spot..

2 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Very strong Catalans finish. 34-6. 

That keeps Catalans back in fifth place, competing with Leeds for the vital fourth, with Catalans having an extra game in hand.

They need a few percentages in hand don't they?

15 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Old jack walker in that side 😉

highlight of the match was Tindall almost scoring what would have been one the best trys in debut...

yep would have been an excellent TRY, as it was I'm sure the coaching staff will be telling him it was a "bombed try" as a simple pass would have put one of two Leeds players in to score.

Its a harsh learning experience but great to see him have the confidence but a good learning experience as well as to how he ended it.

Archived