Thurs 1st Oct SL : Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 19:45 SKY

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull FC

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Read what i said, I pointed out he was pointing to the wrong target. 

He hasn’t got a target or at least one that any reasonable person would consider legitimate. His actions are indefensible

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dunedan said:

So if you get a penalty, it's open season?

Its called playing the advantage, a long held law of the game. If Hull hadn't scored the ref would have gone back to the incident given Hull a penalty and probably have sat a Cas player down.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Darryl certainly looks like he is ready to talk at the end of this.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Padge said:

Its called playing the advantage, a long held law of the game. If Hull hadn't scored the ref would have gone back to the incident given Hull a penalty and probably have sat a Cas player down.

Like I've just said, youcan't go after someone just because you have penalty advantage.

Take it the extreme - Team A get penalty advantage in the same situation. The injured player gets up and punches the offender. Does Team A still get the play on advantage? Of course not. The foul play thenother would should've stopped play. Hull would still have the penalty, but not play on.

2 minutes ago, LeeF said:

He hasn’t got a target or at least one that any reasonable person would consider legitimate. His actions are indefensible

I don't think refs are consistant and the various rule changes are not helping refs.

Just now, Just Browny said:

Darryl certainly looks like he is ready to talk at * the end of this.

* Missing word "She-Height"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Dunedan said:

Like I've just said, youcan't go after someone just because you have penalty advantage.

Take it the extreme - Team A get penalty advantage in the same situation. The injured player gets up and punches the offender. Does Team A still get the play on advantage? Of course not. The foul play thenother would should've stopped play. Hull would still have the penalty, but not play on.

That isn't how it works.

As well as Powell's reddening cheeks, the fayre on the pitch has been decent too. Cas games tend to swing back and forth and this one has too - couldn't pick a winner at this point.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

That isn't how it works.

Except it is. That's why they were looking for foul play on the VR. Refs either didn't see Cator grab O'Neill and throw him down, or decided it didn't constitute foul play. Personally, I disagree

5 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I don't think refs are consistant and the various rule changes are not helping refs.

I think that refs are consistent. Not as consistent as Cas who keep making basic errors or Powell who keeps whinging about being picked on

4 minutes ago, Dunedan said:

Except it is. That's why they were looking for foul play on the VR. Refs either didn't see Cator grab O'Neill and throw him down, or decided it didn't constitute foul play. Personally, I disagree

I suggest you do a refs course or at least study the laws of the game.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

I suggest you do a refs course or at least study the laws of the game.

Are you telling me, with a straight face, that had Cator punched O'Neill, that try would've stood?

If that was the case, what was the ref looking for when he said the the VR "Check for any foul play that means I can't award it"?

Archived