Thurs 1st Oct SL : Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 19:45 SKY

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull FC

8 minutes ago, Dunedan said:

Except it is. That's why they were looking for foul play on the VR. Refs either didn't see Cator grab O'Neill and throw him down, or decided it didn't constitute foul play. Personally, I disagree

He was looking for how bad the initial offence was, did it warrant a red? 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Was wells doorstepped for this pre match chat? Did they not warn him they were planning to discuss this.

I have enjoyed some of the Paxman-esque interviews by Carney since lockdown.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Dunedan said:

That would lead to him turning down the try? That's what he was asking. You are grasping.

No it wouldn't, the initial offence was the Cas shoulder into the back of the Hull player. The ref spotted it and played advantage.

When players start squaring up behind play in that situation the ref will let them get on with it and play on. Playing the advantage.

Have you watched much Rugby League or are you a newbie?

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

No it wouldn't, the initial offence was the Cas shoulder into the back of the Hull player. The ref spotted it and played advantage.

When players start squaring up behind play in that situation the ref will let them get on with it and play on. Playing the advantage.

Have you watched much Rugby League or are you a newbie?

And then, when the try was scored, he asked the video ref to check for foul play would stop him awarding the try. Go back and listen to him. Because foul play negates penalty advantage.

2 minutes ago, Dunedan said:

And then, when the try was scored, he asked the video ref to check for foul play would stop him awarding the try. Go back and listen to him. Because foul play negates penalty advantage.

One foul play negates another foul play?

Not one of the sky team have questioned the try or the refs ruling.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Just now, Dunedan said:

There is none so blind as those that will not see.

I am wasting too much time on you, bye.

5 minutes ago, Dunedan said:

Stop digging

Powell needs to draw a line under this somehow. Sky seem to be enjoying showing his grumpy fizzog after every second tackle now.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Powell needs to draw a line under this somehow. Sky seem to be enjoying showing his grumpy fizzog after every second tackle now.

That would mean that he would need to grow up and/ or have a personality change neither of which will happen 

Not a high skilled game but definitely interesting to watch and enjoyable.

Cas balls up kick off Powell "it was the refs fault, he should have pushed the ball further on for us".

21 minutes ago, Padge said:

There is none so blind as those that will not see.

I am wasting too much time on you, bye.

My last word, because I agree we are wasting time.

Had Cator got up and punched O'Neill, penalty advantage or not, play would've stopped, Cas would have got the penalty and everyone would have been criticising Cator for retaliating.

Shenton looks like he got hit hard scoring that. Fingers crossed he's okay.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Should be an 8 point try that. 

Yeah looked dodgy.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Archived