Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull FC

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it Sneyd who put that kick in before that set Cas scored off? That was flipping dismal.

Hull strike back. Still wouldn't call it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Sky have been selling this all about Powell's grumpiness. But can we just finish up with acknowledgement of a damn good contest?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Sky have been selling this all about Powell's grumpiness. But can we just finish up with acknowledgement of a damn good contest?

Yes it was a very enjoyable game, like many of the game since the resumption have been.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Northern Eel said:

Discipline didn’t cost them that game, nor it seems did their mistakes, nor it seems was luck on their side. Poor show that from Daryl, I’m afraid. 

We’ve got to stay positive says Powell who hasn’t been positive for many a month

1 minute ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Come on jenna,  at least be professional 

, dont taunt him

She was being professional, that's her job to get the reaction.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, Padge said:

She was being professional, that's her job to get the reaction.

Nah... she like the rest are looking for controversy.

As for Cas, they are missing their small around.  Missing home advantage.

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Nah... she like the rest are looking for controversy.

That's her job, they don't want "both teams are class outfits full of quality"

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Thought this might be 52-48 since neither of these can defend, not far off, Powell needs to recognise he's got player's who are past their best and often the first shortcuts they take are in defence. For Hull a victory but they don't look like they could string a few of them together.

As for our fashionista a 3 piece suit with a waistcoat 2 sizes smaller than the jacket & trousers topped off with the regulation polo neck, if you spot anyone else wearing that combination shoot them before it becomes a trend.

3 hours ago, jacksy said:

No complaint there, late hits. Ref said play on.

First offence by O Neil (late shot), Cator then runs to him and throws him on the floor (just on camera from one angle).  At that point the ref cant play the advantage any further as Hull have committed an offence which prevents O Neil defending.

Correct call was no try, Hull penalty for the 1st offence and possibly a card for O Neil.  

Pretty simple as far as I can see.

Watching it on play back, so running a bit behind.

48 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Will Powell end up quitting, or sacked ? He's making Cas a bit of a 'laughing stock' even the Sky commentators/pundits are now glued to his facial expressions.

I think the sky commentators decided to make Powell tonights agenda from start to finish.  Bordering on obsessive at times.  Cant remember responses to other coaches like this (Wane for example when regurlarly critisising refs for not protecting Sam Tomkins).

If I was Powell I would step away from interviews with sky for the rest of the season.  Let one of the assistants do it and instruct them to give maximum 3 word answers.

7 hours ago, Gates1 said:

I think the sky commentators decided to make Powell tonights agenda from start to finish.  Bordering on obsessive at times.  Cant remember responses to other coaches like this (Wane for example when regurlarly critisising refs for not protecting Sam Tomkins).

If I was Powell I would step away from interviews with sky for the rest of the season.  Let one of the assistants do it and instruct them to give maximum 3 word answers.

Sky bordered on disrespect to Powell but his ref-bashing had got him into hot water, and that was the story most of us were talking about.

He deserved it after showing a lack of respect of officials in recent weeks. It was no better than some of the one-eyed tripe on here. 

Anyway, he learned his lesson and buttoned it. 

Archived