Sat 3rd Oct Coral RL Challenge Cup SF : Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves KO 17:00 BBC

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

Discuss the Coral RL Challenge Cup Semi Final between Salford Red Devils and Warrington Wolves here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably-ish, maybe, sort of, possibly Warrington.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I would like it to be Salford but suspect it will  be Warrington so that would give us a Pies V Wolves final with no crowd and little interest outside their own small bubble.

44 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I would like it to be Salford but suspect it will  be Warrington so that would give us a Pies V Wolves final with no crowd and little interest outside their own small bubble.

I sort of know what you mean by ‘little interest’ but actually the Wigan v Warrington games do tend to be very entertaining, close affairs. And people are crying out for some entertaining RL at the moment after so long with no sport.

However, I have a sneaky feeling that both Salford and Leeds will upset the Apple cart   tomorrow...

6 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I sort of know what you mean by ‘little interest’ but actually the Wigan v Warrington games do tend to be very entertaining, close affairs. And people are crying out for some entertaining RL at the moment after so long with no sport.

However, I have a sneaky feeling that both Salford and Leeds will upset the Apple cart   tomorrow...

But it's been absolutely forever* since we had a new winner of the Challenge Cup!

*two years.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Whoever gets there if it could be a fraction as good as the Panther's V Roosters game today then I would be happy.

13 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Can't see wire losing this, strong squad, never say die attitude, playing well, experienced something like 13 of the last 14 semi finals. 

As a pedant (and please don't take offence), there are 2 semi-finals each year and they can't be in both, so the most they could have been in is 7 out of the last 14.

But I know what you mean.

I hope Salford win, but I think Wire are due a win against us as we've won the last 4 or 5. May the winning streak continue!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

22 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

As a pedant (and please don't take offence), there are 2 semi-finals each year and they can't be in both, so the most they could have been in is 7 out of the last 14.

But I know what you mean.

I hope Salford win, but I think Wire are due a win against us as we've won the last 4 or 5. May the winning streak continue!

Just to clarify 13 of the last 14 challenge cup semi final series. 

24 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Just to clarify 13 of the last 14 challenge cup semi final series. 

I knew you meant that. I was just joking.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

The weather is a repeat of the Hull v Warrington semi-final from last year. Which team will make best use of it?

Good point, Warrington played to the conditions very well on that occasion.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

To be honest, I am not sure why the RFL are wasting valuable funds by hiring Wembley Stadium as empty, when the cup final could be played almost anywhere, Ealing Trailfinders? London Skolars? Workington to apologise for the debacle over the stadium/WC Fixtures? Moor Lane, Salford? Pilot Field, Hastings? As there is only going to be support staff allowed in the bubble, I am not sure why we need a 80k seater, empty, stadium to accommodate 2-300 people.

I have been in the old Wembley when it was empty, and it was eerie. Like a film set scary. Oh, it was a film set.

14 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

To be honest, I am not sure why the RFL are wasting valuable funds by hiring Wembley Stadium as empty, when the cup final could be played almost anywhere, Ealing Trailfinders? London Skolars? Workington to apologise for the debacle over the stadium/WC Fixtures? Moor Lane, Salford? Pilot Field, Hastings? As there is only going to be support staff allowed in the bubble, I am not sure why we need a 80k seater, empty, stadium to accommodate 2-300 people.

I have been in the old Wembley when it was empty, and it was eerie. Like a film set scary. Oh, it was a film set.

We are already committed to staging the final at Wembley. The RFL's existing agreement with the stadium management runs until 2027. 

Besides that we owe it to the players, some of whom might only ever get one shot at their dream of playing there.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Would love it to be Salford, although if you're going to wait 50+ years to make the final, maybe it would be better to do it when fans are allowed into Wembley. Warrington look brilliant at the moment though, really can't see them losing.

Archived