Sat 3rd Oct Coral RL Challenge Cup SF : Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves KO 17:00 BBC

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Everybody seems very sure about their role in the team. Sign of a good coach.

Indeed. We had possibly our best player of the year starting at loose, before sitting on the bench for a while and coming back on at fullback. 

If I don't hear about an injury for Ratchford I will have to bite my tongue very hard. 

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I feel sorry for Salford fans right now, first trip to Wembley since when? Hopefully they can get something of the buzz at home because it is special, especially for the first time

Real shame . Wembley takes what , 80000? I don’t know why they can’t take a percentage of that and let Salford  and Leeds fans go 

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Indeed. We had possibly our best player of the year starting at loose, before sitting on the bench for a while and coming back on at fullback. 

If I don't hear about an injury for Ratchford I will have to bite my tongue very hard. 

Didn’t he go off after the lower leg challenge?

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Real shame . Wembley takes what , 80000? I don’t know why they can’t take a percentage of that and let Salford  and Leeds fans go 

If Salford and Leeds are under regional lockdown they wouldn’t be able to travel anyway.  

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I know from previous comments that you're not 100% convinced about Price. FWIW I'm not either.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

21 minutes ago, Dave T said:

spacer.png

Well, that was a great game to watch and what a win for Salford.  I was willing them on first to score the winning try and then to hold on for a win.  I ended up on the edge of my seat!  Fantastic result for Salford and as others have said, such a damn shame the fans cannot be there to enjoy the final.  I'll be one of many I'm sure rooting for Salford at Wembley!

if they make an exception for fans getting in at wembley (which they wont) then you will have every premiership football fan and other sports up in arms- its not gonna happen - sorry

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

59 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Watson to Wire?

Great win by Salford and a good game considering the conditions. Salford were pretty clinical and took their chances, whereas Warrington could not capitalise on long spells of pressure.

Salford, with their spend, have no reason to be making finals and it is huge credit to Ian Watson and his team that they have now made the last two.

Really looking forward to the final. Just gutted the fans couldn't be there. Imagine what the noise would have been when Lussick got that winner?

As for Wire, Price will have to make a decision about the spine of his team soon and settle on it. I suspect he may revert to Ratchford, Widdop, Austin with Ashton on the bench, but I don't think I would do the same.

19 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Watson to Wire?

People forget he was assistant coach to Bennett in GB's tour last Autumn, I had a chat with him in the Airport at Christchurch en route to PNG and asked him what was going on with the safety first set completion football they were playing, he endorsed completly the style of Rugby GB had adopted, was he protecting his then boss? Or is Paul Rowleys influence not given the credit he deserves, it is quite noticeable that Salfords resurrgence coincides with Rowleys arrival.

Just saying.

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

People forget he was assistant coach to Bennett in GB's tour last Autumn, I had a chat with him in the Airport at Christchurch en route to PNG and asked him what was going on with the safety first set completion football they were playing, he endorsed completly the style of Rugby GB had adopted, was he protecting his then boss? Or is Paul Rowleys influence not given the credit he deserves, it is quite noticeable that Salfords resurrgence coincides with Rowleys arrival.

Just saying.

First rule of being assistant is to support your coach 100%

Team work, Rowley isn't a first team coach but he has made a huge difference at Salford. What they have achieved with so little money, and having to rebuild the team each year is fairy tale stuff. Almost relegated 4 years ago survived with 2 late tries and a drop goal. Last year a grand final, this year a golden point try. 

Come back kids.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Off course, and if Watson was responsible for Rowleys appointment thats good management, just saying the lad deserves some credit. 

Watson is obviously very good at getting the correct players & the correct staff in place. Success is always down to the wider or greater team not any one individual. Maybe Rowley has found his niche but he must be adding to their success and definitely deserves his share of the plaudits

2 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Can you see past it now?

Congratulations to Salford and Leeds, i honestly couldn't see either winning but really glad they did, looking forward to this year's final more then usual. 

Archived