Sat 3rd Oct Coral RL Challenge Cup SF : Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves KO 17:00 BBC

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I feel sorry for Salford fans right now, first trip to Wembley since when? Hopefully they can get something of the buzz at home because it is special, especially for the first time

I don't feel sorry from them. I feel pleased for them, even though it was only  Wire they beat. First final since what, 1969? Reason for celebration! 

I got what I wanted a Salford V Leeds final, so chuffed for both of them. I'm no fan of Agar but he got his team to play a near perfect game for the conditions and to be honest the 12pts were flattering for Wigan, all the talk of O'Loughlin transforming the team was shown up for the carp it is apart from his usual penalties he contributed nothing, he should have been put out to grass years ago. Lam is a assistant and I would expect to be going back to that position in Aus in the future. Watson has built 2 Salford team's with little money that have reached Finals, they make mistakes and could be classed as over achievers but they get the job done for him. More significant what have any of the player's who left at the end of last season achieved? Hastings and the rest of them look like a shadow of what they were whilst at Salford.

45 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I don't feel sorry from them. I feel pleased for them, even though it was only  Wire they beat. First final since what, 1969? Reason for celebration! 

Obviously that too, but I'm sure there's a pang of disappointment that the first time in 50 years they reach the cup final they can't go. I'm disappointed at it as a Leeds fan and I've been to watch my team in the final 4 times in the past 10 years!

18 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

(trimmed)

More significant what have any of the player's who left at the end of last season achieved? Hastings and the rest of them look like a shadow of what they were whilst at Salford.

When people were asking how Hastings would do at Wigan, I did say that it would depend on the Wigan coaching staff. If they let him play his own game, he would be brilliant, but if they tie him in to the Wigan structures, he would struggle. Those Wigan structures have been great for the team over the last few decades, but they don't suit the cavalier that is Jackson Hastings.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

6 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Congratulations to Salford and Leeds, i honestly couldn't see either winning but really glad they did, looking forward to this year's final more then usual. 

Agreed...such a shame the supporters, particularly Salford, can't go.

9 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Almost relegated 4 years ago survived with 2 late tries and a drop goal.

Is that right?...wow...are there any highlights I can see anywhere?

Seriously though, many congrats to you, tonyxiii and the rest of the long suffering Salford lot on here.

It goes without saying, your team will have the vast amount of "support" for the final.

I doubt there will be any neutrals come October 17th.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

17 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Is that right?...wow...are there any highlights I can see anywhere?

Seriously though, many congrats to you, tonyxiii and the rest of the long suffering Salford lot on here.

It goes without saying, your team will have the vast amount of "support" for the final.

I doubt there will be any neutrals come October 17th.

As a well-known neutral, I'll be shouting for.... Salford. 

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

Not sure, not immediately I don't think. That would at least make sense though! 

It wasn’t immediately but, I believe, a short time after.  I remember on his return, he fielded a kick and the camera showed his ankles.  Sad that I should remember that though!

Unfortunately for Wire, imo, one of their strengths (Austin) became one of their weaknesses in his 2 wayward long passes and kick out on the full.  Neither pass needed to happen as they only needed more pressure and the kick out, compounded the lost ball from the Salford kick off, which turned the momentum altogether.

2 different Wire performances in each half for me.

7 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I think most neutrals will

Got to want Leeds, Fev link (ha ha) and Yorkshire, but in all honesty wouldn't mind Salford winning. Be nice to see a different name on the cup. 

When the Good Doc was at Salford and he and Derek Beaumont were good friends (not saying that has diminished) they did a reciprocal deal for season ticket holders from both clubs to pay just a negligible amount £10 to attend games at the others ground whenever the fixtures didn't clash, I took full advantage of going and supporting Salford and they remain my second choice club to support, not interested in the other 3 clubs that surrounds Leigh.

Seriously though, it was a great system that cost nothing to run and administer, I see no reason whatsoever why other clubs couldn't adopt such a scheme with their close neighbours.

Do any?

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

When the Good Doc was at Salford and he and Derek Beaumont were good friends (not saying that has diminished) they did a reciprocal deal for season ticket holders from both clubs to pay just a negligible amount £10 to attend games at the others ground whenever the fixtures didn't clash, I took full advantage of going and supporting Salford and they remain my second choice club to support, not interested in the other 3 clubs that surrounds Leigh.

Seriously though, it was a great system that cost nothing to run and administer, I see no reason whatsoever why other clubs couldn't adopt such a scheme with their close neighbours.

Do any?

2nd clubs.... they are an interesting concept. Worthy of a thread of its own perhaps

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do any?

Dual registration season tickets?

(London Broncos and Skolars have had arrangements in the past, not sure if they do now)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Behave!!!!😆

I mean, I’m sure Super League can loan you some supporters but I’d be worried about their commitment.

I’ll stop now.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do any?

Dewsbury and Batley did it for quite a few years.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived