2021 season.

georgeb1

Suggestions of starting the season on the week of march the 1st , apparently little chance of crowds until April , world cup proposed to start 24th October so season should finish 1st week in October , summer bash ,  could this continue in its current format or if their worried about fixture congestion be classed as a home or away fixture be determined by the toss of a coin , lot's to ponder , let's just hope we can all get together in safety next year😀😀😀

Also suggestion that the CC will be limited to SL clubs only, no DR either.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Get rid of summer bash. Makes the league cock eyed

Fantastic weekend away for the genuine R. L fan , please never get rid of great rivalry and friendship between fans.

• 3 weeks later...

DR on paper works as it gives players opportunities to play and clubs to fill gaps as and when they need it, it works for FT to PT clubs. On paper if you were a full time plumber and weren't getting any work and you were put on the emergency plumbers list (Dual reg) then you would take a job if offered. If no DR next season it has to be replaced with a sensible loan alternative or reserves championship, to develop the talent in this country. Fringe players can't be risked due to the usual threat of relegation. Another example is Batch at Saints doesn't usually get a look in but you can't blame them as Saints aren't going to drop an international over him yet. 

23 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

DR on paper works as it gives players opportunities to play and clubs to fill gaps as and when they need it, it works for FT to PT clubs. On paper if you were a full time plumber and weren't getting any work and you were put on the emergency plumbers list (Dual reg) then you would take a job if offered. If no DR next season it has to be replaced with a sensible loan alternative or reserves championship, to develop the talent in this country. Fringe players can't be risked due to the usual threat of relegation. Another example is Batch at Saints doesn't usually get a look in but you can't blame them as Saints aren't going to drop an international over him yet. 

Another example is if I was a plumber working for a firm and the gaffer said to me I’ve no work for you this week cos I’ve brought somebody in from another firm I’d be ###### off

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 hours ago, DEANO said:

Another example is if I was a plumber working for a firm and the gaffer said to me I’ve no work for you this week cos I’ve brought somebody in from another firm I’d be ###### off

Thats why on paper the DR system can work if used smartly and correctly. If you are running a 21/22 man squad due to budget constraints and you know you are struggling in a certain position due to injury/fatigue/suspension you can bring someone in to plug the gap. Most teams including York have used this effectively. I personally would rather have a DR player for 2 weeks than take a squad of 16 to 2 games but not for everyone. 

Archived