Sam Burgess

Do we really need a duplicate thread about this?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, bratman said:

Where?

Good point; you're right.

The other thread was here this morning. I suspect it may have been removed due to someone overstepping legal bounds with a comment.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Obviously we don’t yet know if he’s guilty of anything or not. That will have to go through the courts to decide.

On a broader point though, domestic abuse is a major issue in Aussie RL (not aware if that’s the same for other Aussie codes). 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/22/rugby-league-has-a-domestic-violence-problem-the-nrls-lip-service-wont-fix-it

That’s from 5 years ago; don’t know if much has changed. 

Ben Barba was only last year.

Remember reading an article on Russell Crowe and Oliver Reed (I assumed the two of them would have got on like a house on fire while filming Gladiator), but Crowe wasn’t impressed by Reed’s drunken antics or how he was around people. Rude I believe is what he called him. Any kind of crappy behaviour wouldn’t be tolerated by Crowe.

25 minutes ago, DC77 said:

Obviously we don’t yet know if he’s guilty of anything or not. That will have to go through the courts to decide.

On a broader point though, domestic abuse is a major issue in Aussie RL (not aware if that’s the same for other Aussie codes). 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/22/rugby-league-has-a-domestic-violence-problem-the-nrls-lip-service-wont-fix-it

That’s from 5 years ago; don’t know if much has changed. 

Ben Barba was only last year.

Remember reading an article on Russell Crowe and Oliver Reed (I assumed the two of them would have got on like a house on fire while filming Gladiator), but Crowe wasn’t impressed by Reed’s drunken antics or how he was around people. Rude I believe is what he called him. Any kind of crappy behaviour wouldn’t be tolerated by Crowe.

They say there’s no smoke without fire but we’ll see how this develops. Like you say there seems to be an issue with domestic violence in Aus, even here recently with Gelling. I think there seems to be a big issue as well with recreational drugs in the game

5 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

They say there’s no smoke without fire

"They" say a lot of things. And "they" are often wrong. The allegations don't look good, but we've been lied to by the press before, and not just about RL. I suspect there is some substance here, but how much?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

"They" say a lot of things. And "they" are often wrong. The allegations don't look good, but we've been lied to by the press before, and not just about RL. I suspect there is some substance here, but how much?

Allegations as serious as this are rarely based upon nothing. However serious they are is for courts to decide but he could have thrown his post playing career away 

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

They say there’s no smoke without fire but we’ll see how this develops. Like you say there seems to be an issue with domestic violence in Aus, even here recently with Gelling. I think there seems to be a big issue as well with recreational drugs in the game

But Gelling wasn't guilty was he? It's dangerous to start throwing terms like 'no smoke without fire' about. Not that this forum will determine his fate but how about letting it play out and see what happens. Any condemnation can come if he is found guilty of anything. He's not even been charged as far as I can tell.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

• ckn locked this topic

Archived