MotoGP 2020.....Who will be the 2020 MotoGP World Champion?

Who Will Be The 2020 MotoGP World Champion?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Be The 2020 MotoGP World Champion?

• Andrea Dovizioso Team: Ducati Team
    • Danilo Petrucci Team: Ducati Team
    • Marc Marquez Team: Repsol Honda Team
    • Alex Marquez Team: Repsol Honda Team
    • Maverick Viñales Team: Yamaha Factory Racing
    • Valentino Rossi Team: Yamaha Factory Racing
    • Pol Espargaro Team: Red Bull KTM Factory Racing
    • Brad Binder Team: Red Bull KTM Factory Racing
    • Alex Rins Team: Team Suzuki MotoGP
    • Joan Mir Team: Team Suzuki MotoGP
    • Bradley Smith Team: Aprilia Racing Team
    • Aleix Espargaro Team: Aprilia Racing Team
    • Jack Miller Team: Pramac Racing
    • Francesco Bagnaia Team: Pramac Racing
    • Fabio Quartararo Team: SIC Racing Team
    • Franco Morbidelli Team: SIC Racing Team
    • Johann Zarco Team: Avintia Racing
    • Tito Rabat Team: Avintia Racing
    • Takaaki Nakagami Team: Team LCR

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/10/20 at 15:28

Who will be the 2020 MotoGP World Champion?

I could not fit these last 3 Riders in the poll, if you think either of these 3 below will be World Champion, post their names.

Andrea Iannone Team: Aprilia Racing Team (Suspended for failing a drug test)

Miguel Oliveira Team: Tech 3

Iker Lecuona Team:  Tech 3

VOTE IN THE POLL & POST THE RIDER IN THE THREAD.

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

I think Joan Mir is still improving, the bike's handling makes up a bit for the lack of top-end speed and... I'd like to see Suzuki win a title.

There's still a handful of riders who are close enough on points to win this, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It seems to be a case of who's trying not to win the championship! I've gone for Mir as he seems to be running into form at the right time but needs a couple of wins to make it stick, on consistency it would be foolish to overlook Morbidelli who's turning out to be the best of the Yamaha  riders and not blowing hot and cold like Maverick and Fabio.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

It seems to be a case of who's trying not to win the championship! I've gone for Mir as he seems to be running into form at the right time but needs a couple of wins to make it stick, on consistency it would be foolish to overlook Morbidelli who's turning out to be the best of the Yamaha  riders and not blowing hot and cold like Maverick and Fabio.

Morbidelli and Quatararo both seem to have the occasional major error in them. Vinales has had all sorts of ups and downs recently. Dovi's got the experience and the race-brain, certainly, but I just have a feeling he won't win.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The MotoGP race is about to begin, and it has just started raining! Red flag out, so time for speedy tyre choices and changes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is announced as an official wet race, so we may see riders changing bikes if conditions change partway through.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The top two riders in the championship table have never raced a MotoGP bike in the wet. Seriously, anything could happen.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rossi crashes in turn 3 of the first lap, while three Ducatis fill the podium places so far. Vinales lapping well off the pace in 19th, while Mir was inconvenienced by Rossi's accident but isn't putting in great times either. Quarteraro started well, but is falling back.

Bradley Smith is up to 7th, just behind Crutchlow. The weather can be a leveller.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Crazy race - overachievers, underachievers, fallers, engine failures, the lot.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looking like a British one-two in the Moto2 race. The first time in 45 years.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

...and just after I typed that, Dixon crashes while leading. 😞 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Doctor out of both Aragon Moto GP weekends after testing positive for Covoid-19, Yamaha had to stand down the project leader and 6 mechanics at LeMans last week for Covoid reasons.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

The Doctor out of both Aragon Moto GP weekends after testing positive for Covoid-19, Yamaha had to stand down the project leader and 6 mechanics at LeMans last week for Covoid reasons.

After what happened in his last three races, Vale could be forgiven for sitting out the remainder of the season and concentrating on his new team for 2021 instead.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, R L Winger said:

Valentino Rossi should retire, I think his days of winning another World Championship is long gone. Rossi just has to except he will never equal Italian legend Giacomo Agostini in Premier Class World Championships.

The way things are right now, it'll be very hard for him to win another race, let alone a championship. But let's see how he goes with his new team in 2021.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rins wins, with Marquez and Mir on the podium in that order. Fabio Quartararo doesn't score even a single point in 19th. Mir now tops the MotoGP championship leaderboard.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The way things are right now, it'll be very hard for him to win another race, let alone a championship. But let's see how he goes with his new team in 2021.

I agree, when he fell off whilst in the lead last year I said that was his chance of winning a race again gone. He's competitive for the top six at best and I don't think a new team next year will improve that, for all that he says differently I think he knows his position himself but I suspect that Dorna know that without him racing their audience and market will sink significantly so are contributing to keeping him on track financially and with promise's about future spots for the VR46 team. For all his victories Marquez hasn't the image or pulling power of Rossi.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see any point in MM racing this season, but if he did, he could disrupt the race for the title. It has been a pretty good championship, considering.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Rossi's back for MotoGP, but Gerloff apparently looked pretty decent when he got a chance to put in a few laps.

Meanwhile, Moto3 has seen the championship leader retire, after his bike was damaged while avoiding a crash. John McPhee's title race is also over, crashing out a lap or so later. It's still all up in the air.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now another title contender, Jaume Masia, has crashed.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

MotoGP now, and title contender Fabio Quartararo has crashed on the first lap! 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The TV company have put a heart rate monitor on the Yamaha team manager. Quite a spike when Fabio hit the gravel.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rossi's bike breaks down, while Crutchlow and Bagnaia crash. Amazingly, this puts Maverick Vinales in the points, after he had to start from the pits.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

39 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The TV company have put a heart rate monitor on the Yamaha team manager. Quite a spike when Fabio hit the gravel.

That was the Suzuki team manager, not Yamaha. And, as his riders make it a 1-2 and Joan Mir extends his title lead with a maiden victory, the heart rate went up and up and up...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mir now needs a third place finish to win the title in the penultimate round next weekend again at Valencia, even in this topsy turvy season I think he will secure enough point's in the final two races to get it not least because with the exception of his teammate Rins his other challengers are at sea mentally and mechanically and not up for the fight.

Archived