Challenge Cup Media Coverage

Media Coverage for Rugby League is getting progressively worse. The only RL interest in certain media outlets is in negative spin. Challenge Cup Semi Final weekend sees the I weekend newspaper give no mention to our great sport, not even in the TV sporting highlights section....except for running the Sam Burgess story. Plenty of room for a near double page spread on the upcoming play offs in the Kick n Clap but nothing on what could be two great semis of one of sports most prestigious and historic competitions. I am just picking out the I there, sure it will be the same across the board. Is this down to media discrimination or has the Challenge Cup completely lost it's appeal? 

3 minutes ago, Waiting for Gigot said:

Media Coverage for Rugby League is getting progressively worse. The only RL interest in certain media outlets is in negative spin. Challenge Cup Semi Final weekend sees the I weekend newspaper give no mention to our great sport, not even in the TV sporting highlights section....except for running the Sam Burgess story. Plenty of room for a near double page spread on the upcoming play offs in the Kick n Clap but nothing on what could be two great semis of one of sports most prestigious and historic competitions. I am just picking out the I there, sure it will be the same across the board. Is this down to media discrimination or has the Challenge Cup completely lost it's appeal? 

I see your new to this Forum.... at least you have started on the right track.

👍🏽😉

7 hours ago, Waiting for Gigot said:

Welcome. 100 posts seems a long way off

7 hours ago, Waiting for Gigot said:

You wouldn't be pulling our legs would you Gigot?

1 hour ago, cookey said:

Feel free to express your comments/views on the Warrington/Salford game on the BBC Sport,rugby league section.

Nah can't do that, didn't you know? Rugby league coverage is rubbish and mainstream media don't cover it so I don't see how I could comment on an article that must not exist. 

The sports bulletin on BBC News at whatever o'clock last night led with something like "To reach the Challenge Cup final, you not only have to beat your opponents, but also the weather", accompanied by footage of the swirling rain around the Totally Wicked Stadium, immediately followed by Krisnan Inu's two handed take for his try. A brilliant juxtaposition.

As Rugby League fans, it's our solemn duty to find things to complain about - particularly media coverage - but, try as I might, I'm really struggling to come up with a moan here.

Archived