2021 New Kit Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I think if it was blue at the top and white or something at the bottom (like 2015) then it would be better. Aside from just looking a bit naff, the white at the top half doesn't work for me at all.

Maybe it’d work better if the top was yellow? Tbh I think it’ll grow on me, it’s just a bit different. I’m holding out for a yellow away shirt now though

28 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Maybe it’d work better if the top was yellow? Tbh I think it’ll grow on me, it’s just a bit different. I’m holding out for a yellow away shirt now though

It just looks like an away shirt to me, and not a particularly nice one. On a personal note I hope its not yellow purely because I don't like the colour for leeds shirts (2017 home was not good imo hence why they brought in the white kit). In the press release they mentioned kit clashes as a point of concern for the reasoning behind this one so who knows

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

It just looks like an away shirt to me, and not a particularly nice one. On a personal note I hope its not yellow purely because I don't like the colour for leeds shirts (2017 home was not good imo hence why they brought in the white kit). In the press release they mentioned kit clashes as a point of concern for the reasoning behind this one so who knows

I like the yellow Leeds shirts although the 2017 white shirt was very nice. I think ISC got a bit lazy with away shirts in recent years, I don’t mind something different and alternative but I’m holding out for something more traditional

1 minute ago, Mr Plow said:

I like the yellow Leeds shirts although the 2017 white shirt was very nice. I think ISC got a bit lazy with away shirts in recent years, I don’t mind something different and alternative but I’m holding out for something more traditional

Yeah I suppose its personal taste, I tend to prefer a white collar on shirts too as opposed to yellow like we had in 2016 (though this effort takes that to the extreme!). I've not really minded our away shirts tbh. I've only got 1 since the pink ones at the start of the decade (the burgundy 2018 shirt) but both me and my brother liked the cyan ones we had too in that period.

45 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Given the home shirt is both  blue and white it's hard to envision anything other than a yellow away kit unless they do something creative.

I'd guess it would involve the irregular hoops since they like to keep something traditional each year - maybe like the 2018 WCC kit.

66236.jpg

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Considering Parra are 60 years younger than us as a club...

You're right, Parra very much copied Leeds, so add a bit more yellow to it and it will look like a Parra shirt that is a rip off of a Leeds shirt, or something like that... I don't know what I'm talking about now, it's late, I haven't had much sleep in the last couple of days, I don't know.... 

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

You're right, Parra very much copied Leeds, so add a bit more yellow to it and it will look like a Parra shirt that is a rip off of a Leeds shirt, or something like that... I don't know what I'm talking about now, it's late, I haven't had much sleep in the last couple of days, I don't know.... 

I'm only being facetious, I know what you mean and its not great 

Just now, Tommygilf said:

We're not union H, but in any case it makes the whole top of the shirt looser fitting in my experience.

I thought collars in Union were to put them up to stop tge wind blwing down the backs of their necks, and had pockets in their shorts to keep their hands warm, so I have been told!

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I thought collars in Union were to put them up to stop tge wind blwing down the backs of their necks, and had pockets in their shorts to keep their hands warm, so I have been told!

They're very comfy those old style shorts!

My point was though that they're much stricter on "above the shoulder" than we are

9 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Hoping the collars are just for the replica jerseys and the actual 'on field' version is a different style collar. 

Regarding the design overall....I don't hate it and would say it's better than this season's IMHO. I am interested to know what has influenced the heavy use of white on this home jersey? 

Leeds have had white home shirts before.

As for the collar - I'd never buy one without so this is a vast improvement on recent years.

On 03/10/2020 at 22:47, Tommygilf said:

There's a few comments going round that the blue stripes on the shoulders going into the Super League logo looks like the Tesco Value badge 😂

I wouldn't know if that's a fair comment, tommygilf, as I only shop at this really good, artisanal delicatessen that I know or, if the worst comes to the worst, Waitrose...not that I'm a snob, you understand!

5 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I wouldn't know if that's a fair comment, tommygilf, as I only shop at this really good, artisanal delicatessen that I know or, if the worst comes to the worst, Waitrose...not that I'm a snob, you understand!

Fear not, had you ever the misfortune to look upon a Tesco Value badge you'd now think, "oh, that looks like the new Leeds Rhinos shirt sleeves"

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Fear not, had you ever the misfortune to look upon a Tesco Value badge you'd now think, "oh, that looks like the new Leeds Rhinos shirt sleeves"

Good point!  Actually, I once was in the Waitrose in Salisbury and was wearing my Catalans' replica shirt which prompted a conversation stared by the next customer at the same check out as me.  She turned out to be a Leeds Rhinos' fan, on holiday down here with her son - small world!

Archived