2021 New Kit Thread

24 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I do find the nostalgia for this very odd.

some nostalgia is great (I love the yellow eagle on the red shirt of the old eagles shirts for example) but some has always been awful and time has not helped it either!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/10/2020 at 18:11, Chrispmartha said:

I think the recent 'special edition shirt' which was worn V catalans recently showed what the collar will be like, I know this says ISC but I reckon it was an oxen shirt...

Match worn shirt here

spacer.png

Versus Supporters shirt

spacer.png

Why on earth does the badge say '"est. 1895"?!  Even worse on a shirt celebrating 130 years at Headingley!

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

15 minutes ago, Neil_Ormston said:

Why on earth does the badge say '"est. 1895"?!  Even worse on a shirt celebrating 130 years at Headingley!

I questioned this on Twitter this was the reply

”1870 was when the St John's club was founded, which became Leeds in 1890 after moving to Headingley 1895 was when RL began. The club's heritage numbers go back to 1895.”

still bizarre to include 1895, that whole shirt was a total failure from design to the 1895 thing.

We thought they'd been finally weaned off the Estd 1895 thing until that shirt - there is merchandise on sale which has estd 1870 - but then on that disastrous shirt they for some reason went back to 25 years later. Inexplicable.

10 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Maybe it's a sign for 2021 that Salford will have Ellgren as a new kit supplier?

Probable. They'd be no real reason for Ellgren to launch if they did t have something lined up one at least one club.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

15 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Probable. They'd be no real reason for Ellgren to launch if they did t have something lined up one at least one club.

Tbf they've got Leigh already and its not unheard of for testimonial shirts to be made by different manufacturers.

Aren't Salford supplied Kappa gear through "Wild Thang" in the same way Leeds were supplied by ISC through EPS?

20 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

All right for Super League clubs to plan ahead , but there is no light at the end of the tunnel for Clubs in the Championship or Division 1 for starting up again , or even if there will be a 20/21 season .

Any chance we can keep this to the kits that are launched and any negativity being around how bad the kits are... they'll be plenty of chance for it I'm sure!

There are loads of threads around to bum us all out on whether we can get restarted or not next year, can this one at least be a little bit of light relief? 🙏

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Are any lower league sides keeping their 2020 shirts, seeing as they were used once or twice?

I think Workington are. Could be wrong. Seems the sensible thing to do unless manufacturers or sponsors contracts are up

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

York City Knights 2021 kits and merch will be with Supro Sport again - I've seen the designs and I'm very happy! 😄 

I'll look forward to these - last year's Supro stuff was decent and in fact I am wearing the home shirt in the pub right now...

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

I think Workington are. Could be wrong. Seems the sensible thing to do unless manufacturers or sponsors contracts are up

I can see both sides of the coin and can see why some will bring in new shirts and others will continue with what they had this year. 

I think there’s also ways clubs could keep this years shirts but also bring out new kits for next year to get some income from merchandise sales. 

On 03/10/2020 at 17:31, Gav Wilson said:

Leeds Rhinos get the ball rolling early! 😄 

spacer.png

Sure i've seen my mate wearing a Leeds united top just like this recently. are the Rhinos trying to piggy back on the football teams recent success?

I suspect they will need to start releasing them very soon with xmas around the corner. I also expect a lot of cheap gear about from all teams trying to clear it for the new range. Some teams must have mountains of kits unsold.

3 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Ha was literally just about to post the same! So I will still...from another angle and different player 

Snap! I saw the Myler photo first but thought the gale one is clearer haha. Glad to see Myler will be playing in the cup final!

On 14/10/2020 at 13:54, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Ha was literally just about to post the same! So I will still...from another angle and different player 

Also, just noticed another difference, the players shirt has blue trim on the sleeves!?!

29 minutes ago, topcentre21 said:

How bad was necks on the playing shirt 

Collar and neck line wasn't flattering at all. And the fact the manufacturers couldn't print the Oxen logo straight or in the same place on all shirts looked pretty amateur.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived