2021 New Kit Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chrispmartha said:

I think it's absolutely awful.

Neither our home or our away kit has any kind of design nod to our traditional irregular hoops, it's really not that difficult to do.

It looks like a Sunday League Football kit.

Yeah I mean I was trying to be kind but I don't think you're far off with your Sunday League comment. Then again we're with a Sunday league manufacturer now so what can we expect?

Oddly I think I prefer this to the "home" shirt

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Yeah I mean I was trying to be kind but I don't think you're far off with your Sunday League comment. Then again we're with a Sunday league manufacturer now so what can we expect?

Oddly I think I prefer this to the "home" shirt

I'm not a huge fan of the home shirt but I did think it looked decent on the playing field.

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

As I have said on social media, it just needs to be Hummel and it would look like a proper European handball montage.

And I'm a big fan of those.

Don't like the shirt though. It doesn't really scream Leeds (which is why I think the video does) and isn't interesting enough to get past that.

Yeah I think its pretty meh tbh, as you often get with away shirts

I don't dislike it. Though if I was a Leeds fan I probably would be saying something similar to most other posts.

i've seen worse.

i am of the opinion that generally home and away kits should reflect the traditional club colours, with any third kit the one you get playful with.

ive said it many times before, for any new kit supplier in their first year, rule no.1 is give the fans what they want. And you can't go wrong with a traditional aesthetic. Oxen have started off their tenure with Leeds with so much negativity.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

It looked better than I thought but still not brilliant imo. 

Nope not at all, again it really wouldn't have been difficult to get the traditional hoops in it somewhere.

I think my biggest issue with what Ive seen from Oxen so far is they just look a bit cheap and nasty, I have bought a hoody and to be fair it's not too bad but I think ISC stuff was far far better quality.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Nope not at all, again it really wouldn't have been difficult to get the traditional hoops in it somewhere.

I think my biggest issue with what Ive seen from Oxen so far is they just look a bit cheap and nasty, I have bought a hoody and to be fair it's not too bad but I think ISC stuff was far far better quality.

Agreed. Their stuff just looks cheap to me, very thin. I occasionally get some Gloucester RU stuff but since they moved to Oxen (like KR and Cas they were with Xblades), it seems a lot of Gloucester fans haven't been happy with either the quality or design of gear they've got and I personally haven't got anything since. 

That's especially a worry given Covid and the lack of city centre presence meaning the chances of people seeing these in person to adjudge the quality is slim at best.

It is, and I quote, "Rugby League World Cup themed"

I'm sure that's what everyone thought upon seeing it...

As an aside, yet again they make reference to how we have had kit clashes this year with our home kit. I really don't see how any of those have been our problem or how these two kits change that given that they are essentially white and dark just as this years kits are?

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

It is, and I quote, "Rugby League World Cup themed"

I'm sure that's what everyone thought upon seeing it...

As an aside, yet again they make reference to how we have had kit clashes this year with our home kit. I really don't see how any of those have been our problem or how these two kits change that given that they are essentially white and dark just as this years kits are?

The colour clash thing is pure nonsense, we have hardly had any issues before this year, and even then this year was because the home kit didn’t use our traditional colours.

As i’ve said before it really isn’t difficult to use traditional colours/designs but update them every year

That kit is a bit busy - the home kit is a tidier design.

Very surprised they've not gone for something traditional with either kit, if they're going to go out there with one of them they usually make the other one a banker.

As for purple - well it's an away kit so it doesn't really matter,  but IMO the colour purple in Rugby League is essentially reserved for Melbourne and Hull.

9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

If it’s World Cup themed then why is it not aimed based on the New Zealand and Jamaica colours, two nations that are playing two of their group games at Headingley? Granted green, yellow and black might not sound appealing but is it any worse than purple?

And ireland. Tbf the original Exiles jersey with the V was actually quite good

38 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

If it’s World Cup themed then why is it not aimed based on the New Zealand and Jamaica colours, two nations that are playing two of their group games at Headingley? Granted green, yellow and black might not sound appealing but is it any worse than purple?

That’s what they did in 2013 (kind of) they had a pink kit with black because NZ were playing at Headingley. Would have liked a gold green and black kit 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

True, the white boxes look objectively rubbish, especially the one on the sleeve. The rhinos badge I don't actually mind tbh - changing the badge colours can work but can also look rubbish too, see Wolves' portugal shirt this year.

The boxes look cheap. Like an after thought. And they do it all the time.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Plenty of time for a "special" third kit.

19 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

The colour clash thing is pure nonsense, we have hardly had any issues before this year, and even then this year was because the home kit didn’t use our traditional colours.

As i’ve said before it really isn’t difficult to use traditional colours/designs but update them every year

Yeah its total nonsense imo too, the only reason we've had clashes this year is because other clubs can't design away kits that could be used against their home shirts.

I don't mind us having a different away shirt design/colours as it goes, though I do like them to look like a "rugby shirt" still too, be that hoops or a V or something.

Archived