2021 New Kit Thread

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I suppose its one of those where do they get a brief from the club and work from that or do they come up with something independently? Or a bit of both?

I think a bit of both. I suspect the club will tell Hummel what they want then they’ll work to make it sellable 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carter is an accountant, if nothing he is guided by a ROI so will make sure at least one of them will be a good seller and that means experimental designs are a no go. The last three years will give a guide as to what to expect. Simple, clean designs. I think the third kit will be the marmite one, although looking at the finalists in the Twitter competition earlier this year I think the clear favourite will be a good one. 

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I suppose its one of those where do they get a brief from the club and work from that or do they come up with something independently? Or a bit of both?

If they get a brief from the club then someone there must know what they’re doing, their Sampdoria shirt from 2019 is one of my favourite all time RL shirts. 

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Are you involved with the All Golds Styx? If so do you know what league your Men’s team will be in next year, and is there a plan to apply for L1 at some point? The info released so far looks really encouraging. 

As it stands the All Golds are planning to run two teams in 2021. Bristol is the Southern Conference League. Gloucester in the West of England League. The future? Does anyone actually know what the picture will look like in a few years? The club's aim is to be in a position to progress in a sustainable fashion, and to play at the best level they can. 

14 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Judging by the Wigan, England and GB efforts i'd be worried if i was a Wakey fan.

England and GB kits have been fine IMHO designwise its been the fit thats the problem with the England shirt, got one myself and its a strange fit around the neck for sure. Got to assume the Wigan one is more down to the people at the club when you then look at the cock up with the badge.

I still think the Wigan shirt could be a wind up ... big PR exercise for when they reveal the proper Cherry and White hoops.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

26 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I still think the Wigan shirt could be a wind up ... big PR exercise for when they reveal the proper Cherry and White hoops.

With a proper badge? and that is actually just someone pratting about on Microsoft Paint just for the fun of it??? it is the only real explanation for both things surely.. 

14 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Carter is an accountant, if nothing he is guided by a ROI so will make sure at least one of them will be a good seller and that means experimental designs are a no go. The last three years will give a guide as to what to expect. Simple, clean designs. I think the third kit will be the marmite one, although looking at the finalists in the Twitter competition earlier this year I think the clear favourite will be a good one. 

Surely all clubs do this with the intention of having good sellers? I don't think any club purposely creates a shirt that they know they cant sell just to have a little experiment for the fun of it. Granted I know looking at some designs that is quite hard to believe!

16 minutes ago, Damien said:

Surely all clubs do this with the intention of having good sellers? I don't think any club purposely creates a shirt that they know they cant sell just to have a little experiment for the fun of it. Granted I know looking at some designs that is quite hard to believe!

There was something in The Athletic a while back about Leeds United's shirt strategy. Apparently the pink and grey one from last season was (before this summer), despite being quite a divisive choice, the best-selling shirt in the club's history. 

The data suggested that the "out there" kits were being bought by the younger end of the market so the club worked on three theories - a tradtional home shirt and a shirt that nods to some sort of nostalgia for the old fogies (hence this year's green and blue "Yeboah" away shirt), as well as an "out there" design to get "down with da kids". 

As much as I think that most of the people on forums like this are the sort who would prefer clubs to "play it safe" with "traditional" shirts, that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll sell well. As ever, it's about knowing the audience for each one. 

3 hours ago, RP London said:

England and GB kits have been fine IMHO designwise its been the fit thats the problem with the England shirt, got one myself and its a strange fit around the neck for sure. Got to assume the Wigan one is more down to the people at the club when you then look at the cock up with the badge.

Its all subjective at the end of the day. From a design point of view i thought all were pretty average.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, whatmichaelsays said:

There was something in The Athletic a while back about Leeds United's shirt strategy. Apparently the pink and grey one from last season was (before this summer), despite being quite a divisive choice, the best-selling shirt in the club's history. 

The data suggested that the "out there" kits were being bought by the younger end of the market so the club worked on three theories - a tradtional home shirt and a shirt that nods to some sort of nostalgia for the old fogies (hence this year's green and blue "Yeboah" away shirt), as well as an "out there" design to get "down with da kids". 

As much as I think that most of the people on forums like this are the sort who would prefer clubs to "play it safe" with "traditional" shirts, that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll sell well. As ever, it's about knowing the audience for each one. 

I think its about getting that balance between identity and fashion. 

Paradoxically with rugby shirts, traditional is actually more fashionable. Classic cotton jerseys are a staple of some fashion brands and the Superdry collaboration with Leeds, Leicester and Gloucester focused on it too. So clubs don't need to go all "out there" with designs for some shirts. That said, Leeds' pink era of away shirts between 2011 and 2013 has been my favourite of recent times alongside the neon blue accented 2014 and 2015. 

One thing that is clear from a fashion perspective is that in the best examples sponsors are either none existent or well intergrated and minimal. Another is that home shirts stay basically the same, whilst away kits are where a bit of license can be applied.

North Wales Crusaders keeping the 2020 shirts for next year, but have just announced an anniversary shirt to mark the club's 10th season.

http://northwalescrusaders.com/news/purchase-crusaders-2021-anniversary-shirt/

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

1 hour ago, jacobus said:

front.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

GOOD NEWS!

Leeds now have a city centre shop. Yes it looks like its the Merrion centre but hopefully its the start of bigger and brighter things.

Nowt wrong with the merrion centre. Hopefully if it’s successful they’ll open one in trinity. Looks like the start of the club branching out again

15 hours ago, fearnowt said:

North Wales Crusaders keeping the 2020 shirts for next year, but have just announced an anniversary shirt to mark the club's 10th season.

http://northwalescrusaders.com/news/purchase-crusaders-2021-anniversary-shirt/

2021AnniversaryKit.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Nowt wrong with the merrion centre. Hopefully if it’s successful they’ll open one in trinity. Looks like the start of the club branching out again

Rents in the Trinity will be substantially higher than in the Merrion Centre

Me too, Ellgren been at Leigh this week though so maybe they're rushed off their feet

Does strike you as a one man band doesn't it?

Hopefully they'll do alright I'm a big fan of 90s retro.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Archived