2021 New Kit Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Any reason why those colours and that design or as part of NRL buying Super League are Fev becoming Cronulla’s feeder club?

Or the other way round! Seriously, two good kits for next season. We have had kits previously similar to Cronulla.

One of my bugbears with shirt design in the last few years is that they seem to be designed without considering the impact of all the sponsor logos. In that, if you're going to have 8 different logos spread across the shirt, you really need the base design to be a very simple, almost plain one. Because if you have a shirt with hoops or a chevron, and then different colours on the collar/cuff it all looks to busy and disjointed once the sponsors have been added.

That's why I think the new Wakefield shirt works pretty well.  I could have done without the collar/cuffs but otherwise it's a very simple design. It doesn't look too cluttered.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

15 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Fev Away 2021

spacer.png

Kit brings back memories of a drawn game at Halifax on the last day of the 1985-86 season. Rovers needed a point to stay up and Fax a draw to win the title. The guy on the hooter appeared to get twitchy fingers after about 77 minutes at 13-13 😄 

Steadman.jpg

From Mark's great Rovers' heritage site http://marklaspalmas.blogspot.com/2017/03/graham-steadman.html 

18 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Kit brings back memories of a drawn game at Halifax on the last day of the 1985-86 season. Rovers needed a point to stay up and Fax a draw to win the title. The guy on the hooter appeared to get twitchy fingers after about 77 minutes at 13-13 😄 

Steadman.jpg

From Mark's great Rovers' heritage site http://marklaspalmas.blogspot.com/2017/03/graham-steadman.html 

This picture could be from the 13 all game at Halifax. Steady still looks fit enough to play now, and he is in his 50s!

30 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Hull KR as you know is traditionally a white shirt with a red band, this shirt is more of a vee or a chevron, just my opinion, but I think it would be better the other way round.

I do agree that the red band would differentiate it from the inferior look of Saint's usual shirt

3 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Hull Kr with no main sponsor

I quite like that shirt. My only issue with it - and it’s minor - is that when seen quickly it looks more like a training top. That could just be the lack of sponsor, mind.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Hull KR taking on Wigan in the unofficial "design a Salford shirt" competition 

Why have they put those white shoulder patches on it? They add nothing to the shirt.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

6 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Was gonna say the same thing, looks really cheaply made as well, the kind of thing a school football team might wear. Might be cos the main sponsor has gone awol. If they get one it could look a bit more professional. 

Not if the main sponsor is the local drain company it won’t 

on that note, it’s a shame clubs can’t attract more long term sponsorship, is it only Leeds that has managed it in recent years?

Archived