2021 New Kit Thread

31 minutes ago, MZH said:

Well I for one really like that Wigan shirt. The northern soul owls are indeed a bit of an odd addition, but I don't mind something a little bit quirky for an away shirt, and they don't detract from the main shirt design which I actually really like.

On the players, as seen from the grandstand or on TV, it'll really just look like two-tone blue hoops. That'll be okay. Close up, when you can see the detail, it's not for everyone.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody has just posted this on facebook suggesting it's Hull FC's 2021 shirt. No idea whether it's genuine or not but I fancy it might be.

Image may contain: stripes, text that says "hummel VAtropa"

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

I have to agree, Umbro make good kits. Here is the late great Steve Quinn lining up another two points in a classic Umbro strip.

gettyimages-630676334-612x612.jpg

Celt i can accept you're no lover of Featherstone but why laugh at a photo of the late great Steve Quinn? 

29 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Somebody has just posted this on facebook suggesting it's Hull FC's 2021 shirt. No idea whether it's genuine or not but I fancy it might be.

Pedant alert - I cant help but think the white stripes could be slightly bigger so the whole badge fits in it instead of overlapping (or badge slightly smaller of course) Hummel have looked after their own logo in that regard

12 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Looks the buisness,Hummels best effort yet.

Not sure if it's a winning shirt though mate...

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I own a branding agency.

So I do 'get it'. I am not saying my opinion on the design is worth anymore than anyone else's on here by the way , but don't tell me I don't 'get' Branding and Marketing when I've worked in that industry for 23 years.

Good for you.

Wigan are clearly looking to widen their image, to look at taking things significant from their history.

And it's fashion... 

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Nice to see this Hull shirt with a traditional look. Whilst we have been on about Umbro, here are David Topliss and Trevor Skerett celebrating winning the Championship in a classic Hull kit. 

unnamed.jpg

31 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

spacer.png

Have Cas not had this as their away shirt for the past three years? 

It seems their fans quite like it but I just don’t see it as a Cas shirt. 

Basically yes they have. The only one that looked particularly good had double orange chevrons. It just seems really odd when you have a unique colour like Cas do, to go for an essentially all black kit. This would be passable as a home shirt if the torso was Orange instead of the weird grey sublimated Vs.

Oxen at it again...

Archived