2021 New Kit Thread

I like the white one with the chevrons (a bit like the 2019 away shirt),  not too keen on the all-yellow effort. But as I am attempting to buy a house in York my days of spending significant amounts of money on frivolities such as RL shirts might be a thing of the past anyway...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JonT said:

Just knew if you had a hand in it, it would be a throwback to the old Cameron Ales shirt. Absolute classic! And love the modern take on it 👌

Haha thanks mate, I'm very proud of the end result!

The all amber kit with black trim is based on the 1981 title winning team too. The vibe this year is very much 'modern classics' 😄 

16 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Bumping this to the new thread page 😆

EoVcXIiXcAIWRDp?format=jpg&name=medium 

I think the chevron alternate works better- it’s both a nice homage and a decent shirt in its own right. The all-amber one needs the back story or else it’s just *too* plain. But I’m not the audience - I bet York fans are going to love both. 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

35 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Haha thanks mate, I'm very proud of the end result!

The all amber kit with black trim is based on the 1981 title winning team too. The vibe this year is very much 'modern classics' 😄 

My first full season of watching York as a young nipper. What a way to start! Thought every year would be like that 😄

On 02/12/2020 at 07:32, Scubby said:

Those that don't like it will have to suck it up!

I`m just glad to see that Hoover have maintained their association with Leeds,.....especially in this age of cordless !

13 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

A quick google search suggests the Bronco's commercial manager owns APX performance/sports (who i think used to post on here). Looks like they hold the license for Errea also.

He's an absolute prat who spends some of his time trolling and winding up London's few remaining fans over on the other RL forum. Then gets all uppity when people call him out on it. Fully confident that, in his position as commercial manager, he's done a thorough search for kit manufacturers and decided his own company is clearly the best option for the club.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 hours ago, nadera78 said:

He's an absolute prat who spends some of his time trolling and winding up London's few remaining fans over on the other RL forum. Then gets all uppity when people call him out on it. Fully confident that, in his position as commercial manager, he's done a thorough search for kit manufacturers and decided his own company is clearly the best option for the club.

Gutterfax?

8 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

That Warrington away one is horrific. 

Its audience - Wire fans - seem to love it.

I'm old enough to have really disliked it the first time round.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Gutterfax?

No, they actually had a bit of a ding-dong going on over there. Bizarrely, it left me cheering for Gutterfax.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

Brilliant kits this year. 

FB_IMG_1607023146618.jpg

I remember these colour/design/styles the first time Wire adopted them. There are a few tweaks but broadly they still present a vibrant refreshing change to the standard block blue and yellow V format (which I have no problem with but it seems to offer limited option for variation).

I'm sure they're onto a winner here shirt sale wise. Older supporters have been inoculated with the radical design shift from the last time they surfaced whilst new younger fans will welcome the smart classic design and appealing shift in colour format.

My only personal quibble is a preference for green and white hoops rather than stripes (which is nailed on football territory).

I look forward to seeing half cut Warrington tourists sporting them on their holiday pub crawls around the sleazy knocking shops of Newquay. Make a nice change from ale drenched Liverpool & West Ham tops 🙂🏉

Warrington home kit looks a nice one, away Jersey is not very flattering. The curved detail on the upper chest just doesn't suit. Possibly done to create an area for the sponsor logos to be clearly visible, just not executed as well as it could of been, IMO.

I've never really been a fan of vertical stripes on sports kits. Some can be nice (Juventus for example), but never really liked them on RL shirts.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

51 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

I remember these colour/design/styles the first time Wire adopted them. There are a few tweaks but broadly they still present a vibrant refreshing change to the standard block blue and yellow V format (which I have no problem with but it seems to offer limited option for variation).

I'm sure they're onto a winner here shirt sale wise. Older supporters have been inoculated with the radical design shift from the last time they surfaced whilst new younger fans will welcome the smart classic design and appealing shift in colour format.

My only personal quibble is a preference for green and white hoops rather than stripes (which is nailed on football territory).

I look forward to seeing half cut Warrington tourists sporting them on their holiday pub crawls around the sleazy knocking shops of Newquay. Make a nice change from ale drenched Liverpool & West Ham tops 🙂🏉

Just shows how subjective this subject can be. To me the away kit is an utter monstrosity.

I can see why people don't like the away kit, as a Wire fan, this invokes many enjoyable memories, straight away this reminds me of Jonathan Davies, Kelly Shelford, Greg Mackey and Iestyn Harris. 

I've always been a fan of Wire using the green/red on the away shirt. I like clubs using completely different colours for their away kit, and this ticks that box of being different for us.

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I can see why people don't like the away kit, as a Wire fan, this invokes many enjoyable memories, straight away this reminds me of Jonathan Davies, Kelly Shelford, Greg Mackey and Iestyn Harris. 

I'm sure it provokes nostalgia but let's be honest it looks like they're dressed as a rancid tube of toothpaste.

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I've always been a fan of Wire using the green/red on the away shirt. I like clubs using completely different colours for their away kit, and this ticks that box of being different for us.

Definitely some enjoyable memories Dave but please correct me if I'm wrong, I vaguely recollect being at Knowsley Road back in 96 when Saints ridiculed the snazzy green outfit with an 80-0 rout in the Regal Trophy Semi Final. Always remember one lad chucking his replica shirt on the pitch as he stormed out the ground. 

Sure it was the green kit but like I hinted, can't fully remember 🤪

4 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Definitely some enjoyable memories Dave but please correct me if I'm wrong, I vaguely recollect being at Knowsley Road back in 96 when Saints ridiculed the snazzy green outfit with an 80-0 rout in the Regal Trophy Semi Final. Always remember one lad chucking his replica shirt on the pitch as he stormed out the ground. 

Sure it was the green kit but like I hinted, can't fully remember 🤪

I think we are in dangerous territory if we abandon colours and designs due to bad performances, we'd be playing naked 😆

A quick google search suggests that the 80 nil game was the centenary kit was the green and white hoops rather than the stripes. We wore the stripes in the season we finished 3rd, level on points at the top of the league in 1993/4 and the following year too.

Archived