2021 New Kit Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Rochdale 2021...

EoqBu-yW4AAieA5?format=jpg&name=medium 

Ok, it's Red, White & Blue but Hornet's are another club with a iconic shirt, like Swinton make use of it, it says Rochdale Hornet's to many people, that has to be worth something surely.

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Rochdale 2021...

EoqBu-yW4AAieA5?format=jpg&name=medium 

F1E60D69-A053-445B-9076-70E47FA45EFB.png

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Ok, it's Red, White & Blue but Hornet's are another club with a iconic shirt, like Swinton make use of it, it says Rochdale Hornet's to many people, that has to be worth something surely.

Agrred, I  have always liked Rochdale's traditional shirt.

rugby_shirt_4489_1_369x208x1.jpg

8 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Agrred, I  have always liked Rochdale's traditional shirt.

rugby_shirt_4489_1_369x208x1.jpg

My thoughts entirely, fully agree. The traditional old school Hornets shirt was (and is) a Rugby League Classic.

Some great team building progress and development work being undertaken at Hornets recently but the new home shirt is a little disappointing to say the least. 😕 

On 06/12/2020 at 21:05, OL14.yeds said:

Oldham’s 2021 home shirt.

A76D4643-1FDC-40F5-B362-74BAD37CA226.jpeg

That's a nice looking kit 👍

Although I do wish our game (in general) would ditch putting sponsor adverts across the backside of the shorts, looks daft.

This isn't aimed at Oldham in particular, it's about every club doing it. I understand the revenue factor from sponsorship but we've got to draw the line somewhere, especially when it ruins the visual kit profile displayed to the watching public, either in the ground or on TV 🤪

42 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

That's a nice looking kit 👍

Although I do wish our game (in general) would ditch putting sponsor adverts across the backside of the shorts, looks daft.

This isn't aimed at Oldham in particular, it's about every club doing it. I understand the revenue factor from sponsorship but we've got to draw the line somewhere, especially when it ruins the visual kit profile displayed to the watching public, either in the ground or on TV 🤪

I remember listening to a podcast recently which focused on marketing in the game, and during live coverage the sponsor on the backside of the shorts was the one most seen after the main shirt ad. I imagine clubs can charge a decent fee for it.

Just now, OL14.yeds said:

I remember listening to a podcast recently which focused on marketing in the game, and during live coverage the sponsor on the backside of the shorts was the one most seen after the main shirt ad. I imagine clubs can charge a decent fee for it.

cycling is the same and they can charge a pretty penny for that... lidl are on the backside of deceunick quick step.. 

its annoying, as is the "too many sponsors on the shirt" which is often mentioned.. but without it many of the clubs wouldnt exist. 

3 minutes ago, RP London said:

cycling is the same and they can charge a pretty penny for that... lidl are on the backside of deceunick quick step.. 

its annoying, as is the "too many sponsors on the shirt" which is often mentioned.. but without it many of the clubs wouldnt exist. 

At least we haven't gone to the steps of some NRL clubs and renaming their club after a sponsor on all of their websites and social media (Vodafone Warriors 🤢)

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

30 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

At least we haven't gone to the steps of some NRL clubs and renaming their club after a sponsor on all of their websites and social media (Vodafone Warriors 🤢)

there was a chance of things going that way back in the 90s and early 00s i think... Harlequins RU became the NEC Harlequins etc but it never really stuck which i think saved both Rugbys and a lot of other sports.. Cycling is a funny one as the teams dont really exist without the sponsors and are "owned" in a funny way and the sponsorship is so important they will give up everything to have it.. glad we havent got there.... yet!

1 hour ago, OL14.yeds said:

'Bum deal' advertising is commonplace in union. With all that scrummaging, rucking and mauling, a forward's backside is much more visible than his/her chest. I'm a little surprised the same location is so well seen in league.

2 hours ago, Ramon Rojo said:

My thoughts entirely, fully agree. The traditional old school Hornets shirt was (and is) a Rugby League Classic.

Some great team building progress and development work being undertaken at Hornets recently but the new home shirt is a little disappointing to say the least. 😕 

Hornets' reversed version  - which they've worn a few times over the years (see Another Bloody Sunday) - is very attractive, too. All white with red and blue chest/arm bands is another traditional strip you'd think was made for playing in summer.

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I support the Warriors (as my NRL team) and can’t stand that name, but at least they’ve supported them for all 25 years of their existence and have been fully involved, it’s not just changing team names every season to suit the sponsor. 

11 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

'Bum deal' advertising is commonplace in union. With all that scrummaging, rucking and mauling, a forward's backside is much more visible than his/her chest. I'm a little surprised the same location is so well seen in league.

think its the fact that in the tackle there is normally at least one person face down bum in the air. then getting up to play the ball.. and in diving for a try, kicking for goal (often filmed from behind) and any other filming from behind and there is quite a lot to go on.. not just scrummaging. 

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

Hornets' reversed version  - which they've worn a few times over the years (see Another Bloody Sunday) - is very attractive, too. All white with red and blue chest/arm bands is another traditional strip you'd think was made for playing in summer.

Certainly was a lovely strip. I remember the classy white kit from deepest winter rather than summer. Not always the best results were associated with it. Especially a proper tonking Hornets got against Cardiff Blue Dragons at Ninian Park in the John Player Trophy (2 sent off & 2 sin bins) and a sensational performance from Danny Wilson mesmerising The Nets at Station Road, Swinton on Boxing Day. Even the hidden bottle of whisky couldn't nullify the pain inflicted by the dancing genius. Both games 83/84 I think?

5 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Certainly was a lovely strip. I remember the classy white kit from deepest winter rather than summer. Not always the best results were associated with it. Especially a proper tonking Hornets got against Cardiff Blue Dragons at Ninian Park in the John Player Trophy (2 sent off & 2 sin bins) and a sensational performance from Danny Wilson mesmerising The Nets at Station Road, Swinton on Boxing Day. Even the hidden bottle of whisky couldn't nullify the pain inflicted by the dancing genius. Both games 83/84 I think?

6/11/83 Cardiff 41 Rochdale 6 (JPT1). 845 @ Ninian Park.

3 hours ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Agree...I think they had the traditional design ready to play in for 2020...shame they didnt stick with it for 2021. However fantastic that they have restored the town crest on the shirt. The membership run club ditched it and replaced it with the cartoon hornet. Something about they didnt want on the shirt the same thing that appeared on the towns wheelie bins.

Onward hornets onward... 2021 is 150th anniversary of the clubs foundation and 100 years since the season 1921-22 they won their only ‘challenge’ cup (it was called the northern union cup when the won it but the challenge cup when they returned it).

Archived