2021 New Kit Thread

41 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Looks more like a training top,ther recent home shirts have been a bit boring.

No other sponsors on the arms etc, so could be a training top.. But think it's probably just missing those sponsors currently.

I think sometimes people automatically think a lightweight looking fabric like this shouldn't be a playing jersey, but from a functionality point of view it should be the goal of all suppliers to provide the lightest possible jersey (providing it is durable and doesn't rip easily). With a brand like Castore, the money is always in the fabric.

That being said when you are spending so much on a replica jersey, i think most people want to get something that feels substantial.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

No other sponsors on the arms etc, so could be a training top.. But think it's probably just missing those sponsors currently.

I think sometimes people automatically think a lightweight looking fabric like this shouldn't be a playing jersey, but from a functionality point of view it should be the goal of all suppliers to provide the lightest possible jersey (providing it is durable and doesn't rip easily). With a brand like Castore, the money is always in the fabric.

That being said when you are spending so much on a replica jersey, i think most people want to get something that feels substantial.

I know it’s the new home shirt,I just think it’s another boring effort from the Storm,hopefully they come up with a better away kit.

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

It’s definitely their home shirt. Was released via their website. 

I like it. In fact, I’d probably buy one if I can get one without taking out a mortgage. 

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

I know it’s the new home shirt,I just think it’s another boring effort from the Storm,hopefully they come up with a better away kit.

I like it for its simplicity. Too often shirts are ruined by too many sponsors or sponsors that are too big/don’t suit the shirt but this one is quite clean and subtle and I hope it stays as it is and it’s not then plastered with multiple sponsors. 

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s definitely their home shirt. Was released via their website. 

I like it. In fact, I’d probably buy one if I can get one without taking out a mortgage. 

I hadn't actually realised the Storm had gone with Castore. Thought it was only the Roosters.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

15 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I like it for its simplicity. Too often shirts are ruined by too many sponsors or sponsors that are too big/don’t suit the shirt but this one is quite clean and subtle and I hope it stays as it is and it’s not then plastered with multiple sponsors. 

Anyone who fancies something a bit less simple can always try the Storm 'Outback' shirt..

https://shop.melbournestorm.com.au/melbourne-storm-2021-mens-outback-shirt/

Believe it or not it looks like some sizes have even sold out.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

30 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

which bit is purple in that Melboune kit? It all looks shades of blue to me

nice primrose yellow trim too

Can you see the W on this?

1215618341_colorblindnesstestProtanopP.jpg.1fb93419ba2416769901de5b68d5eaae.jpg

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Who are we waiting on for new shirts? I think Super League teams are done, I am pretty sure London Broncos haven’t released any, is there any other teams who have not yet released their 2021 shirts?

From my research for Youtube, Salford haven't released an away shirt yet

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Who are we waiting on for new shirts? I think Super League teams are done, I am pretty sure London Broncos haven’t released any, is there any other teams who have not yet released their 2021 shirts?

The club Super League needed.The club which has the owner who regularly reminds folk that he has put some money in.

Leigh Centurions are yet to have an away shirt accepted by the RFL.

3 are up for votes by their season ticket holders.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The club Super League needed.The club which has the owner who regularly reminds folk that he has put some money in.

Leigh Centurions are yet to have an away shirt accepted by the RFL.

3 are up for votes by their season ticket holders.

Yes, one of the poorest run clubs in the sport who play out of a ground that wouldn’t be out of place in the NCL. 

19 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It's only January. We're a couple of weeks off the normal launch date and the promise that shirts ordered now "will arrive in time for [date in the future after the season starts]".

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Even London Broncos aren’t that stupid. 

Quite. Imagine spelling Wimbledon like that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived