2021 New Kit Thread

5 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Oxen releasing more cheap tat from those memorable times in Leeds' history...

spacer.png

I believe that's 8 replica shirts available this season

95 shirt

96 shirt

2000 shirt

Home Shirt replica

Home Shirt Player Issue

Home Shirt in Cotton

Away Shirt Replica

Helping Rhinos Shirt

All of them look cheap and nasty, not impressed with Oxen so far.

(In not classing the Rob Burrow shirt)

NZ warriors eat your heart out.

Have to say the quality looks very poor in that pic.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, M j M said:

The years are odd choices because Leeds didn't win anything, although they were runners-up in comps in two of them.

However maybe that asics era is a time they have rights or access to the designs for and later, winning, seasons can't be reproduced?

I dont think people are necessarily bothered about how successful the team were then, it’s more that they’re classic kits and I suppose it plays on nostalgia and classic kits are in right now. 

like you say the the ASICS kits would be good the reproduce and in the future the 2015 kit will be seen as iconic rather than just a classic

3 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

I dont think people are necessarily bothered about how successful the team were then, it’s more that they’re classic kits and I suppose it plays on nostalgia and classic kits are in right now. 

like you say the the ASICS kits would be good the reproduce and in the future the 2015 kit will be seen as iconic rather than just a classic

I think success or iconic moments helps though, can turn an average kit into a iconic/era defining one

2 minutes ago, M j M said:

If they ever do a 'celebration' of 2006 which was a terrible season and a terrible shirt then it really is time to give up.

The harked back to 2003 and 96 I don't think anything is off the table

37 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think success or iconic moments helps though, can turn an average kit into a iconic/era defining one

Yeah it definitely helps. I wasn’t a fan of the Leeds 2015 kit when it came out but now when I look back it’s iconic and always reminds me of Sinfield, Peacock and leuluai holding the SL trophy at Old Trafford. I don’t remember the 2011 kit being popular but it’ll be forever associated with that Rob burrow try

44 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Yeah it definitely helps. I wasn’t a fan of the Leeds 2015 kit when it came out but now when I look back it’s iconic and always reminds me of Sinfield, Peacock and leuluai holding the SL trophy at Old Trafford. I don’t remember the 2011 kit being popular but it’ll be forever associated with that Rob burrow try

Exactly the same, wasn't keen at first, now its my favourite shirt.

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Definitely, not RL related but Norwich’s worst ever kit was the 1993 one which we beat Bayern Munich away in, and a lot of people would say it’s our best ever kit - when actually it was tragic then and still is. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Definitely, not RL related but Norwich’s worst ever kit was the 1993 one which we beat Bayern Munich away in, and a lot of people would say it’s our best ever kit - when actually it was tragic then and still is. 

You made me Google it. Yes its terrible! 

On 22/03/2021 at 11:53, Chrispmartha said:

Oxen releasing more cheap tat from those memorable times in Leeds' history...

spacer.png

I believe that's 8 replica shirts available this season

95 shirt

96 shirt

2000 shirt

Home Shirt replica

Home Shirt Player Issue

Home Shirt in Cotton

Away Shirt Replica

Helping Rhinos Shirt

All of them look cheap and nasty, not impressed with Oxen so far.

(In not classing the Rob Burrow shirt)

Aah, the Tatleys range of shirts, how appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NERugbyDad said:

New alternate shirt and sponser announced by Newcastle thunder today ahead of start of championship

Always good to have new sponsors on board! Whilst I can understand the NUFC inspired design, I'd hope Thunder would "Rugby Leagueify" it with a double V or something 

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Always good to have new sponsors on board! Whilst I can understand the NUFC inspired design, I'd hope Thunder would "Rugby Leagueify" it with a double V or something 

Stelrad have been the falcons main sponser the last few years so great they are being brought across in to league as well

21 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yes, it's always good to see the "League chevron" worked into shirt designs. Chevrons are synonymous with RL all over the world, missing them out entirely from all kit alternatives seems like a deliberate disconnect from the traditions of TGG. It's a big point of differentiation from that other code.

On 02/04/2021 at 17:37, Tommygilf said:

It just looks like a ###### Newcastle shirt, very little to differentiate it at all. I can’t see Newcastle Utd fans buying it just because it’s black and white, which presumably is the idea behind it. I liked the purple strip, it was distinctive and unique to Thunder. 

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

I quite like that, but wearing mostly black while playing RL in Afghan heat... less keen on that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived