2021 New Kit Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jacobus said:

Interesting that the FA have had a little rebrand with "England Football"... The logo is similar to the England RL so it will be interesting to see if we have another crest change.

https://www.englandfootball.com/

Looks like it's just being used for social media/online with regard to the national teams.

I'd hope we stick with what we've got. Can't be doing with yet another change for the sake of it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

25 minutes ago, jacobus said:

Interesting that the FA have had a little rebrand with "England Football"... The logo is similar to the England RL so it will be interesting to see if we have another crest change.

Not only is it similar it was done by Matta, the same agency the RFL used - I wonder if it's one they just picked up off the reject pile from the RFL 🙂

1 hour ago, jacobus said:

That website looks very low grade if it is actually associated with England/The FA. 

Just now, hunsletgreenandgold said:

That website looks very low grade if it is actually associated with England/The FA. 

The FA websites are uniformly awful.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, jacobus said:

I very much doubt this will find its way onto the kit... 

it may be on some supporter wear and on social media though. 

England RL seem to have done similar with that red lions head.

i'm glad a few people have said they dont like the eagles shirt. not a big fan but facebook opinion seems to be that its not too bad.

Its based on the fact we have a world cup match so its in the world cup colours... hope that they think about that when designing the world cup merch!

not a fan.

First thing that caught my eye was the different shades of purple on the sleeves and body, though might be intentional.

Not sure whats going on with those coloured ribbon like waves. Not one of their best.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

31 minutes ago, RP London said:

i'm glad a few people have said they dont like the eagles shirt. not a big fan but facebook opinion seems to be that its not too bad.

Its based on the fact we have a world cup match so its in the world cup colours... hope that they think about that when designing the world cup merch!

not a fan.

It’s only a third kit though isn’t it, so they can have a bit of fun. 

By the way, have you ever seen anyone in Sheffield out and about in Eagles merch? Other than on match day? When I lived there (mid 90s) they were quite big news but is there any evidence of them about the place now? 

Just now, Eddie said:

By the way, have you ever seen anyone in Sheffield out and about in Eagles merch? Other than on match day? When I lived there (mid 90s) they were quite big news but is there any evidence of them about the place now? 

Yep its a 3rrd kit so dont mind too much but glad its not just me that doesnt like it. 

yes i do see a few people walking around in merch.. (not that i am out and about that much at the moment in terms of spotting them on weekends etc.)

I have seen a few wearing hoodies etc when at 5-a-side football on a monday night. 

Used to see the odd one if i was in town on a weekend not huge numbers but you do see them.

you obviously see more of the football but i would say you see more of the eagles stuff than the steelers stuff and arguably they are a "bigger deal" and get good coverage in the press etc. 

Just now, RP London said:

Yep its a 3rrd kit so dont mind too much but glad its not just me that doesnt like it. 

yes i do see a few people walking around in merch.. (not that i am out and about that much at the moment in terms of spotting them on weekends etc.)

I have seen a few wearing hoodies etc when at 5-a-side football on a monday night. 

Used to see the odd one if i was in town on a weekend not huge numbers but you do see them.

you obviously see more of the football but i would say you see more of the eagles stuff than the steelers stuff and arguably they are a "bigger deal" and get good coverage in the press etc. 

Great to hear. I used to go now and again and always enjoyed it (would have gone more if I wasn’t a student living on the other  side of town, with all my money devoted to drinking, and with hindsight I wish I had). I’d love to see you back in SL. 

34 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The fat lad in The Full Monty.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Great to hear. I used to go now and again and always enjoyed it (would have gone more if I wasn’t a student living on the other  side of town, with all my money devoted to drinking, and with hindsight I wish I had). I’d love to see you back in SL. 

looking forward to them being back in the city next year permanently.. i try and get there with the boy when i can and we are members as "every little helps" but Doncaster is a bit of a shlep as i am on the other side of sheffield too. 

Fingers crossed if we can settle into the ground well and build from there Super League can be a long term realistic aim again.  

3 hours ago, RP London said:

not a fan.

I almost posted that it looks like a World Cup training shirt or something, so that makes sense. Sort of.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Thinks *add peaches to shopping list*.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived