2021 New Kit Thread

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints Magic shirt. 

spacer.png

Based on the “Champions Range” of clothing released by the club, which seems to have sold well from what I’ve seen. No autism charity aligned to this either, which is a shame, as we have done quite a lot with them the last few years. 

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Saints Magic shirt. 

spacer.png

Based on the “Champions Range” of clothing released by the club, which seems to have sold well from what I’ve seen. No autism charity aligned to this either, which is a shame, as we have done quite a lot with them the last few years. 

Imo best Saints shirt  since they linked up with O'Neills  but could never wear a Saints shirt with  the  current sponsors name.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Saints Magic shirt. 

spacer.png

Very nice - could see NQ cowboys pinching this for next season with a couple of minor tweaks. 

1 hour ago, Irish Saint said:

Imo best Saints shirt  since they linked up with O'Neills  but could never wear a Saints shirt with  the  current sponsors name.

Agreed, I’d buy one for my lad if they had a different sponsor. 

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Saints Magic shirt. 

spacer.png

Reminds me of the Yorkshire shirt the last time that icon was warn

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Saints Magic shirt. 

spacer.png

Nice to Saints release a magic shirt that someone might actually buy.

5 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Keighley Pride shirt. Why the logo is so big is beyond me, and why don't they say how much is going to charity rather than just "a portion"?

21201-B_KC_RealeseUniformPride2020_Shop_

"Mam, I just got the **** kicked out of me."

"What, for being gay? This town ..."

"Nah, for wearing this shirt."

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

27 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Keighley Pride shirt. Why the logo is so big is beyond me, and why don't they say how much is going to charity rather than just "a portion"?

21201-B_KC_RealeseUniformPride2020_Shop_

That might have been OK if the chevrons stopped at the red one. Going the whole hog with the pink, sky blue, and brown chevrons turn into a monstrosity. 

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

That might have been OK if the chevrons stopped at the red one. Going the whole hog with the pink, sky blue, and brown chevrons turn into a monstrosity. 

No, it's the ridiculously oversized badge that makes it look like a cheap t-shirt.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Not specifically RL related, but I've had a chance this week to check out the Yorkshire Cricket Nike gear in the flesh and it really is top grade.

A very small range of stuff (3 "kits", couple of of training tops and ancillary gear, the prime offering imo is a swoosh hoodie with the word "Nike" replaced by "Yorkshire"), but it is at premium prices. And it is worth that tbf, it is real quality. 

Compared with the Rhinos offering its a noticeably different approach.

9 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Looks like vx3 is the new supplier

They've just signed a deal with them as official kit partner and retailer: https://www.salfordreddevils.net/salford-red-devils-announce-vx3-partnership/

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Not specifically RL related, but I've had a chance this week to check out the Yorkshire Cricket Nike gear in the flesh and it really is top grade.

A very small range of stuff (3 "kits", couple of of training tops and ancillary gear, the prime offering imo is a swoosh hoodie with the word "Nike" replaced by "Yorkshire"), but it is at premium prices. And it is worth that tbf, it is real quality. 

Compared with the Rhinos offering its a noticeably different approach.

The Rhinos strategy (or more specifically Oxen's) is one I don't like at all, in fact it annoys me, basically it seems to be release as much stuff as possible, doesn't mater about design or quality, then have a massive sale every other day.

I hoped a club like Leeds would have higher standards, I really wished we had gone with someone like Hummell or tried to get a blue chip supplier, but I guess Oxen taking over the operation was too much of a good offer but the quality and design is dire for such a big club.

On 20/08/2021 at 09:41, Chrispmartha said:

The Rhinos strategy (or more specifically Oxen's) is one I don't like at all, in fact it annoys me, basically it seems to be release as much stuff as possible, doesn't mater about design or quality, then have a massive sale every other day.

I hoped a club like Leeds would have higher standards, I really wished we had gone with someone like Hummell or tried to get a blue chip supplier, but I guess Oxen taking over the operation was too much of a good offer but the quality and design is dire for such a big club.

Absolutely. Its genuinely at the stage where you think "why would I ever pay full price for a shirt?". There is literally always an offer on or one just round the corner.

Like I said compared with the YCCC gear the difference was stark.

54 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Absolutely. Its genuinely at the stage where you think "why would I ever pay full price for a shirt?". There is literally always an offer on or one just round the corner.

Like I said compared with the YCCC gear the difference was stark.

Reminds me of a client of mine who made and sold high end stuff (not clothing) but constantly had sales every month with up to 50% off everything, I told him to maybe try a different approach as I thought it was damaging the perceived quality of the brand, so they ditched the constant sales for a while - both sales and profits went up and they ditched the sales for good - did myself out of work mind as we didn’t produce as many ads for them 🙂

There hasn’t been a week gone by since Oxen took over where there hasn’t been some sort of sale or other. And the stuff is cheap and nasty IMHO

43 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Reminds me of a client of mine who made and sold high end stuff (not clothing) but constantly had sales every month with up to 50% off everything, I told him to maybe try a different approach as I thought it was damaging the perceived quality of the brand, so they ditched the constant sales for a while - both sales and profits went up and they ditched the sales for good - did myself out of work mind as we didn’t produce as many ads for them 🙂

There hasn’t been a week gone by since Oxen took over where there hasn’t been some sort of sale or other. And the stuff is cheap and nasty IMHO

Oxen trying to clear the decks.

https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/shop/leeds-rhinos/leeds-rhinos-sale

The amount of product on sale, and the discount %, is quite staggering for product still in it's first year of sale. 
From a sustainability point of view it's also quite obscene.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived