2021 New Kit Thread

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Got to have white shorts, the traditional blue and amber hoops never looks ‘right’ to me without them!

Absolutely, I hated the 2016 home kit with a passion (thats before we got the results...) and the blue shorts didn't help. 2018 by contrast, and despite the results, was lovely.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Got to have white shorts, the traditional blue and amber hoops never looks ‘right’ to me without them!

The amber collar was a mistake in 2016, in fact the whole collar was regrettable. But then it was a '6' year so these things happen.

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

This a training kit?

E-xYrtoWQAQSk9s?format=jpg&name=large

Yes, the shorts give it away. Looks like the training gear they have shown is very Blue, Dark Blue, White and Amber which could mean this is reflected in the kits (as training gear tends to do).

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Absolutely, I hated the 2016 home kit with a passion (thats before we got the results...) and the blue shorts didn't help. 2018 by contrast, and despite the results, was lovely.

2018 was nearly perfect however for some reason the amber was too yellow!

I am being picky mind!

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

2018 was nearly perfect however for some reason the amber was too yellow!

I am being picky mind!

I don't know if they always do it (the Ellgren 1994/95 kit did it with the Tetley's logo) but I think the 2018 kit "amber" was colour matched to the right hand triangle of the LBS logo.

Doesn’t look too bad actually, although they are training shirts. 

And from what peeks I’ve seen on Instagram, It could be pretty good for Leeds fans.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

My eyes, my eyes!!!

I know we shouldn't be too po-faced about stuff like this, but I do get frustrated by how easily we sellout our brand.

Magic Weekend has been the worst for us, with many years seeing clubs wearing superhero kits of charity kits.

51 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I know we shouldn't be too po-faced about stuff like this, but I do get frustrated by how easily we sellout our brand.

Magic Weekend has been the worst for us, with many years seeing clubs wearing superhero kits of charity kits.

It sells an image of a cheap sport you don't need to take seriously.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think we do this really poorly. As a sport we have some great brands and iconic kits but we don't play on this anywhere near enough and much of what we do looks cheap. Cheap makes and poor quality abound with jerseys that are pretty much unrecognisable as being from that particular club. This is just another area in where those little things just add up here and there that give a poor image in my opinion. My own club is one of the most famous Rugby clubs in the world and has been very guilty of throwing this away in my opinion.

I can't say I follow RU but anytime I see a Premiership jersey they are all recognisable and scream that club. Yes they change, yes they update but they never seem to just throw away all that history and prestige like I feel our clubs do. As much as I hate to say it I think we could learn a lot.

22 minutes ago, Damien said:

I think we do this really poorly. As a sport we have some great brands and iconic kits but we don't play on this anywhere near enough and much of what we do looks cheap. Cheap makes and poor quality abound with jerseys that are pretty much unrecognisable as being from that particular club. This is just another area in where those little things just add up here and there that give a poor image in my opinion. My own club is one of the most famous Rugby clubs in the world and has been very guilty of throwing this away in my opinion.

I can't say I follow RU but anytime I see a Premiership jersey they are all recognisable and scream that club. Yes they change, yes they update but they never seem to just throw away all that history and prestige like I feel our clubs do. As much as I hate to say it I think we could learn a lot.

I think we have some blinding kits, I live wire's this year (although I think your team is one of their worst for a while), and I don't even mind a crazy away shirt, but I just do not accept that it is a good idea for my club to wear a spiderman kit. It's just weird and literally nothing to do with Warrington Rlfc. 

I remember when I started watching, clubs generally wore their home shirt unless there is a clash - I hate finals, magic and other big games where teams are not in their colours and there is no clash. 

Archived