14K salary

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

As I probably said earlier if this sport is only paying a full time professional player £14K salary then it needs to have a good look at itself in the mirror.

I don’t give a damn about what severance pay he may have or have not have got from his previous clubs,that to me is irrelevant 🐂💩.What is relevant is what is happening here and now.

And £14K salary for a grown working man doing a full time job of probably about 40 hours a week as no doubt he will have other duties to fulfil other that training and playing is illegal as it is nowhere near the National Living Wage.

Now if he was a part time semi professional player then that sum of money could be acceptable as no doubt he would have outside employment of however many hours per week.

His choice 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

He was offered more for part time 

His choice 

What job is he going to do alongside the part time?

His trade is as a pro RL player, less than the minimum wage is totally unacceptable as an offer and is exploiting the monopoly SL clubs have over Full time playing positions.

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

His trade is as a pro RL player, less than the minimum wage is totally unacceptable as an offer and is exploiting the monopoly SL clubs have over Full time playing positions.

It isn't and it wasn't - it has been stated numerous times that this was a short-term agreement that he made with HKR as an opportunity to get a chance for a contract in 2021. It was agreed by him on the basis that he was continuing to get paid by Toronto.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/ryan-brierley-column-contract-situation-4580538

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Ryan has at least one business set up outside RL , a clean living non drinker , he has invested his previous earnings 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Ryan has at least one business set up outside RL , a clean living non drinker , he has invested his previous earnings 

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need, you're not going all communist are you Gubby? 😉

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It isn't and it wasn't - it has been stated numerous times that this was a short-term agreement that he made with HKR as an opportunity to get a chance for a contract in 2021. It was agreed by him on the basis that he was continuing to get paid by Toronto.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/ryan-brierley-column-contract-situation-4580538

Still a bit sad that that level is being offered as a professional wage in Super League.

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Still a bit sad that that level is being offered as a professional wage in Super League.

Are you deliberately being disingenuous? This was never suggested by either party to represent a "professional wage" - he approached HKR for the opportunity for what was effectively a trial; they said that they had no room within their budget; a figure for a short-term arrangement was proposed and agreed. Nowhere was it said to be a professional wage.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The best part of this is that Ryan Brierley (in partnership with Cory Paterson) runs a sports management agency representing other sportsmen and women and is a qualified FA agent. I’m fairly sure he’d have handled his own negotiations with HKR and was happy with the outcome.

https://worldsportstale.com/rugby-league/ryan-brierley-launches-player-management-venture-by-signing-man-citys-jess-park/

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Are you deliberately being disingenuous? This was never suggested by either party to represent a "professional wage" - he approached HKR for the opportunity for what was effectively a trial; they said that they had no room within their budget; a figure for a short-term arrangement was proposed and agreed. Nowhere was it said to be a professional wage.

I'm not because I also am aware of players being offered this level of wages anyway. The only disingenuous thing would be for me to be surprised about it.

15 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

His choice 

I will support that argument if he was a part time player.

Now if he is full time ie 40 hours as I am sure they don’t just train every day but do other stuff,then he should at the very least be on the Living Wage which is £8.72 per hour which is just under £18150 per annum.

And frankly even that for a full time professional is appalling as well 

2 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I will support that argument if he was a part time player.

Now if he is full time ie 40 hours as I am sure they don’t just train every day but do other stuff,then he should at the very least be on the Living Wage which is £8.72 per hour which is just under £18150 per annum.

And frankly even that for a full time professional is appalling as well 

Per annum , was Ryan's contract for a full year ?

On 04/10/2020 at 09:59, Tommygilf said:

Time for a minimum wage in Super League.

No player in the top 25 salary capped, or wider Full Time squad should be earning part time wages like this. 

i thought there was a minimum wage in super league as indeed there is in the academy structure .  I suspect this has come about as Toronto needed to shift him off the books and agreed to pay a portion of his wages this season  and possibly  rovers were close to there cap as well

Archived