Dual-registration to be abolished

4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I think there’s a place for something similar to DR in the game, though the execution of DR has been poor. 

yep.keep it 2 or maybe 3  loanees,but for the season long, not a couple a games and then taken back.or better still just lets play what players we have and not depend on an handfull a players rocking up for a game that will leave out some local lad whos trained all winter and now is sat in stand or worse water boy.will that player ever give 100% for the shirt again when left out??some wont.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, silverback said:

yep.keep it 2 or maybe 3  loanees,but for the season long, not a couple a games and then taken back.or better still just lets play what players we have and not depend on an handfull a players rocking up for a game that will leave out some local lad whos trained all winter and now is sat in stand or worse water boy.will that player ever give 100% for the shirt again when left out??some wont.

Pretty much this and a whole lot more sheeite I could add to silverback's post to vent my arseyness at the system

Fev have used this system to better effect than any other club over the last couple of years.

I'd have shut of it tomorrow. However, that would require all clubs agreeing to ditch the system. If one club seeks to use it as an advantage, other clubs will. 

Get rid entirely for me

52 minutes ago, silverback said:

I think the NRL ordinarily has their clubs name a twenty-five man squad which teams then use to name their matchday squads from. Anyone out of the twenty-five typically goes and plays in the NSW or Q Cup and players can be taken out of the twenty-five only for lengthy injuries I believe and be replaced by someone else. 

I think something like that, where those not in the “main squad” are effectively then out on loan at another club for the season barring a serious injury could work here. 

47 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I think the NRL ordinarily has their clubs name a twenty-five man squad which teams then use to name their matchday squads from. Anyone out of the twenty-five typically goes and plays in the NSW or Q Cup and players can be taken out of the twenty-five only for lengthy injuries I believe and be replaced by someone else. 

I think something like that, where those not in the “main squad” are effectively then out on loan at another club for the season barring a serious injury could work here. 

You have either no regard for ambitious Championship clubs or are clueless to the differences between NSW/Queensland cup comps and  the Championships in UK

8 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

You have either no regard for ambitious Championship clubs or are clueless to the differences between NSW/Queensland cup comps and  the Championships in UK

Up to clubs to utilise it how they want. As per the DR system that some used and others didn’t. 

If you’re not happy, I’d suggest you think about how “ambitious” a club Leigh were/are when they’re signing up to the DR system. 

9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Up to clubs to utilise it how they want. As per the DR system that some used and others didn’t. 

If you’re not happy, I’d suggest you think about how “ambitious” a club Leigh were/are when they’re signing up to the DR system. 

They have little alternative. If they face a fev team with 4 SL players turning out in blue n white, leigh have little alternative but to do the same OR find themselves at a disadvantage. 

Get rid of the system for good.

Just now, Robin Evans said:

They have little alternative. If they face a fev team with 4 SL players turning out in blue n white, leigh have little alternative but to do the same OR find themselves at a disadvantage. 

Get rid of the system for good.

They have alternative. They choose not to. And given the money that Beaumont has invested in that squad over the past ten years, you’d think he’d be able to have a team capable of beating some young, inexperienced players from Super League in a team they’ll have been lucky to have trained in once. 

4 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

When you have a SL spot to play for DR should be binned.

Even if you would get rid of half of the players achieving that promotion?

There is no purity in competitive sport.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I hope it’s scrapped permanently.

Will Fev be able to field a team without all their Leeds players?

No! We have no players🤣🤣

We are Leeds A team🤣🤣

We are the only club who does DR🤣🤣

Oh wait, we have a decent looking 25 man squad all signed up for 2021.

41 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Even if you would get rid of half of the players achieving that promotion?

There is no purity in competitive sport.

I support a club, players/coaches/owners come and go.

17 Leigh players that won promotion played in SL. Dixon and Worthington had already signed for TW, and FuiFui tried to hang on for more money.

One of the challenges facing the promoted club in October is lack of player availability, another being to recruit a team good enough to take you up will not be on one year deals, then the wiggle room in the cap is limited- TW found that out this year.

23 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

No! We have no players🤣🤣

We are Leeds A team🤣🤣

We are the only club who does DR🤣🤣

Oh wait, we have a decent looking 25 man squad all signed up for 2021.

I think Leeds will suffer more than Fev. Who will bring on their rising stars in future? Even if D/R continues, I can't see many of them that would be good enough to break into the full strength 17 out of that "decent looking 25 man squad"?

1 minute ago, Steve Slater said:

I think Leeds will suffer more than Fev. Who will bring on their rising stars in future? Even if D/R continues, I can't see many of them that would be good enough to break into the full strength 17 out of that "decent looking 25 man squad"?

I think suffer is a bit harsh on both clubs but get your point. 

Leeds like DR because they think its a better development tool for players than reserves. DR just formalises a loan relationship between two clubs. Successful DR like Fev and Leeds clearly have had depends on that relationship being positive.

If you have a good DR partner with quality coaching and a good standard of facilities and squad competition its almost certainly better for players than reserves. If your prospective DR partner/loan clubs are less professional than you'd like then Reserves will work better for you.

There's an element that loan moves/DR or whatever its called is just better because it forces players to toughen up a bit in the real world. If Super League reserves are just u21s essentially its still all a bit fresh faced. RL is a sport that needs its players to be forged in fire somewhat so its understandable that loans to the Championship (and formalising the process even more through DR) is a preferred option for some.

6 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

I have no issues with 12 month loans without claw back clauses.

I have issues with coaches working for two clubs

But...but...what about the place in the team that player will take all year or how the league will be distorted or some other vacuous belief about DR?

You, as a fan of a club who typically receives players under the DR agreement, would think this would be a suitable alternative. I imagine most clubs who use the DR agreement to send players out for game time would not. And personally, I’m of that opinion too. 

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

But...but...what about the place in the team that player will take all year or how the league will be distorted or some other vacuous belief about DR?

You, as a fan of a club who typically receives players under the DR agreement, would think this would be a suitable alternative. I imagine most clubs who use the DR agreement to send players out for game time would not. And personally, I’m of that opinion too. 

Let’s not forget part of the benefit for the receiving club with DR is that they get the players on the cheap. If clubs were taking players on season long loan with no call back then SL clubs would want a very high % of their wage paying by the championship/league 1 club or it wouldn’t be worth doing. 

39 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Let’s not forget part of the benefit for the receiving club with DR is that they get the players on the cheap. If clubs were taking players on season long loan with no call back then SL clubs would want a very high % of their wage paying by the championship/league 1 club or it wouldn’t be worth doing. 

Exactly, which is why a good DR partnership is mutually beneficial for the clubs.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Exactly, which is why a good DR partnership is mutually beneficial for the clubs.

Indeed. Season long loans would be few and far between, we're not like the Premier League where clubs can stockpile players and happily send them away for a year. 

The choice is either DR or a fully fledged SL reserve comp. 

I understand the concerns people have about DR, but if it was abolished, all those DR players plus a few more on top will disappear from view into SL reserves and the Championship will lose quality overall.

Perhaps perceived fair competition is more important to fans at that level, fair enough if so. But it will mean the gulf in quality between the two divisions will get even bigger, which has big repercussions for any team that gets promoted. 

3 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Indeed. Season long loans would be few and far between, we're not like the Premier League where clubs can stockpile players and happily send them away for a year. 

I understand the concerns people have about DR, but if it was abolished, all those DR players plus a few more on top will disappear from view into SL reserves and the Championship will lose quality overall.

Perhaps perceived fair competition is more important to fans at that level, fair enough if so. But it will mean the gulf in quality between the two divisions will get even bigger, which has big repercussions for any team that gets promoted. 

I'd be more than happy to watch championship rugby with dual registered players.

Let SL organise their reserve competition.

7 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

100% mate. As you say we're not football where we have relatively huge squads and room for season long loans.

A super league reserves is just an even more formalised DR system but less well funded, at a lower standard and less watched.

The people whinging are just loudmouths the same as happens in the Championship in football when clubs get good young player loans from the premier league. There's this innate idea of "purity of the clubs" which is ironic considering only London and Bradford (maybe Widnes) have an academy.

Archived