Fri 9 Oct: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 19:15

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 WIgan players have tested positive for Covid and training today was cancelled.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I can't see us winning this one, if we show the same approach as we did against Leeds (not wishing to take anything away from the Leeds performance) we will get beaten heavily. Please can we at least have someone other than Leuluai kicking on the last play, we have known for years he is poor at it but they keep giving him that job.

5 hours ago, wiganermike said:

I can't see us winning this one, if we show the same approach as we did against Leeds (not wishing to take anything away from the Leeds performance) we will get beaten heavily. Please can we at least have someone other than Leuluai kicking on the last play, we have known for years he is poor at it but they keep giving him that job.

He (and Powell) should be at 9 and Smith should play 7 until the end of season.  Smithies must be ready to come back soon.  But Harvard got injured last weekend I think and of course Jack Wells got injured the week before so i do not see many new faces.

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

He (and Powell) should be at 9 and Smith should play 7 until the end of season.  Smithies must be ready to come back soon.  But Harvard got injured last weekend so i do not see many new faces.

Smithies is in the squad as his ban has now been served. Worryingly we only have 3 out and out props in the squad so it could be a repeat of the cup semi with Wire steamrolling up the middle while we get little joy. I agree that we should play Smith in the halves with Tommy at 9 for the rest of the season. The squad named has not boosted my confidence in our chances of winning, if anything it has made me feel more certain of a (probably heavy) defeat.

2 hours ago, wiganermike said:

Smithies is in the squad as his ban has now been served. Worryingly we only have 3 out and out props in the squad so it could be a repeat of the cup semi with Wire steamrolling up the middle while we get little joy. I agree that we should play Smith in the halves with Tommy at 9 for the rest of the season. The squad named has not boosted my confidence in our chances of winning, if anything it has made me feel more certain of a (probably heavy) defeat.

Several players are out in the Leeds Cas game with virus. Cas may only have14 available.  I think i said some time ago that this season is going to be a lottery.  So frankly i cannot work up much if we lose and not much kudos if we win.

42 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I’ll be interested to see how both teams respond to the cup defeats. I think we might see a close contest edged by Wigan.

Have you actually tipped Warrington to win any game. 

34 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Have you actually tipped Warrington to win any game. 

I think it's a subconscious thing. I sort of prepare myself for the worst, then anything better is a bonus 😁

But seriously, my prediction is based on Wigan usually having a better 'bouncebackability'. After big defeats Warrington tend to get a bit deflated. But hey, this Steve Price side may be made of different stuff! Let's hope so, as I need a bit of a boost 🤞

17 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I think it's a subconscious thing. I sort of prepare myself for the worst, then anything better is a bonus 😁

But seriously, my prediction is based on Wigan usually having a better 'bouncebackability'. After big defeats Warrington tend to get a bit deflated. But hey, this Steve Price side may be made of different stuff! Let's hope so, as I need a bit of a boost 🤞

Remember the season opener when hilly was red carded early in the game they struggled to win, against a full side it will be interesting. 

I can’t see anything but a comfortable Wire victory sadly. We’ve named 3 props and only Bullock looks capable of making any ground from those 3. It should be a walk over in the forward battle for Cooper, Hill and Philbin and I’d expect plenty of room on the back of that for Austin and Widdop.

Wire by 20. 

If it’s dry and we hold our own up front, we should be close. We have a decent side. What will be fascinating is how the players react to the dead man walking coach. Not that this is a big game, but a loss places even more emphasis on the forthcoming derby, in which fixture he is zero out of 5.

54 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Not that this is a big game

It’s a four-pointer (or W/L equivalent) in that current top 4. That’s quite big. I suppose though where you finish in that 4 won’t matter quite as much this season.

I haven’t seen the Warrington team yet, but I hope Ashton is at least on the bench for tonight’s game. It would be a shame to see him scapegoated after Saturday. 

EDIT:

I changed to Sky Sports mobile pass as I’ve been put on half-pay indefinitely. Turns out tonight’s game is on a channel that isn’t even included in the monthly pass ☹️

You get what you pay for I guess. I won’t be renewing if this happens most weeks. 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Oww ! That’s gotta smart

The replay was especially wince-inducing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hmm tackle without the ball.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived