Rovers announce operational surplus

On 14/10/2020 at 18:57, jamescolin said:

Somebody asked me about Income and Expenditure. They are also current items that are part of the up to date Cash Flow. We could also have changes in Fixed Assets and Liabilities. The ongoing situation is recorded in the books on a daily basis. If the club wanted to give an up to date position regarding trading, income  and  overheads and the current position with forecasts on the outcome they could do so. Interim accounts are a feature of regular trading. In my banking days i used to see them on  regular basis to asses how the business was going with a view to how to advise them on how to  conduct their progress. Those days have gone from a banking point of view and much is now conducted by computers. WE knew our customers in the old days and everything was conducted in the branch with the final assessment going to Head Office. I hope this put the picture clear on what I was asking. The current position and what is planned is something we ought to know about. 

A general, and genuine, couple of questions:

When you say "we ought to know about" is that speaking as a fan, a creditor, a shareholder or something otherwise?

Would you expect a normal private company to provide such information for general consumption?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

A fan of long standing years. I would expect them to do so yes. In the current situation if the fans knew the up to date position they could endeavour to assist if they  were needed. I am not criticising the club, they do very well. I just thought that if we knew how things were going we could go down various avenues of assistance. 

Isn’t this exactly the wrong time for fans to be speculating on the finances of the club on a public forum considering we are applying for SL?

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

Surely the people deciding will have the details. if they come up with a query we could provide an answer.  Leaving this matter now obviously  little support for this idea. Cheers. UTR. 

Archived