NRL Finals Week 2 Match Thread

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay folks, you can breathe again. Raiders hold on to win.

Roosters out, so that's farewell to a fine player in Mitch Aubusson.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wonderful game of Rugby and to think the Raiders still have to get two more wins to take the title. It's such a tough competition.

Sport at its best.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Wonderful game of Rugby and to think the Raiders still have to get two more wins to take the title. It's such a tough competition.

Sport at its best.

That was thoroughly good from start to finish. 
Raiders deserved their win.

Both teams gave their all. In that sort of game we usually expect Roosters to nick the game but they didn’t so much run out of steam more they were facing a really determined Raiders side who impressed even more, probably because they did withstand the Roosters late charge.

Fantastic game,well played Canberra,their opening 25 minutes laid the platform for the win with Papali & Tapine destroying the Roosters down the middle.

As a Roosters fan,well can't fault the effort & heart shown these past 2 weeks but our execution at times was poor and Flanagan just isn't up to this standard.

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

Epic game. The high tackle into touch was a little bit of payback for last year's refereeing controversy.

Add Cooper Cronk to that Roosters team and do they win...?

Maybe ... plus an old head.... minus some old legs. Cronk at his best would have made a big difference.

Roosters added SBW, but it didn’t add quite enough to them.

Just now, Davo5 said:

Fantastic game,well played Canberra,their opening 25 minutes laid the platform for the win with Papali & Tapine destroying the Roosters down the middle.

As a Roosters fan,well can't fault the effort & heart shown these past 2 weeks but our execution at times was poor and Flanagan just isn't up to this standard.

If you look at the two teams from last year to this the big difference is the number 7.  The Raiders have upgraded their scrum half with George Williams and the Roosters went from Cronk to Flanagan.

There are a lot of factors in a game of rugby but the fact that the Raiders are a better team than last year and the Roosters not told in the end.  

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Speaking of Sonny Bill, I thought he had a very good game.  Proved he can still hack it at this level.

Guard of honour for Aubusson. Deserved.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Dunbar said:

Speaking of Sonny Bill, I thought he had a very good game.  Proved he can still hack it at this level.

His most effective and up-to-speed performance yet. Even better, the SBW-Cam wasn't as ubiquitous as in previous games.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

Epic game. The high tackle into touch was a little bit of payback for last year's refereeing controversy.

Add Cooper Cronk to that Roosters team and do they win...?

Add George Williams and they do,Flanagan has been disappointing all year,totally anonymous again tonight which left the Roosters without a halfback for 15 mins when Keary had to leave fir a HIA

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

Hudson Young had a good game. Raiders didn’t miss Josh Hodgson. 
Would have loved Josh to have been fit and figured in this side.

Hudson Young seemed to be everywhere on the field. Huge effort.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Preview: Parramatta Eels vs South Sydney Rabbitohs 

Well I thought Eels showed some much needed improvement last week against Storm. Now comes a stiff test for them though as they come up against a Souths team in top form. Rabbitohs blew Knights away last week. Eels conceded a lot of points against Melbourne and they’ve lost their first choice wingers to injury. Their back line is somewhat makeshift anyway. If this goes to form it will be one game too far for Parra and the expectation is that Souths will be the side to take on Penrith next weekend. Still as Raiders have shown today being underdogs can be a good thing!

My Tip: Rabbitohs to win by 13+ points

Yours?

Tremendous game , well deserved victory for The Raiders . Only their  champion grit and individual talent kept the Roosters in that , but it would have been a snatch n grab had they won . Papali and Tapine were immense in the middle , George had a tremendous match - calm and  controlling , and a word for Nic Cotric I thought he was marvellous . He’s a great pick up for the Bulldogs . The end of the road for the Roosters but hopefully the Raiders go on and reach the big dance . I think they may have lots of support next week 

******** Michael Jennings news *********

Parramatta Eels’ premiership hopes have been rocked with star centre Michael Jennings hit with a provisional suspension under the NRL’s anti-doping policy.

The NRL handed down the suspension on Saturday morning, confirming Jennings had returned a positive A-sample for Ligandrol) and Ibutamoren, as well as their metabolites.

Each of those substances is prohibited by the World Anti-Doping agency and the NRL’s anti-doping policy.

Jennings was tested on September 21, with the results coming through on October 9 and is now banned from playing any WADA compliant sport while the provisional suspension is in place.

The 32-year-old has the option to have a B-sample tested.

Ligandrol is the same substance James Segeyaro and swimmer Shayna Jack tested positive for and carries a mandatory four-year ban if Jennings cannot show how it got into his system and that there was no fault or negligence on his behalf. A four-year ban would effectively end Jennings’ career on 298 games.

18 hours ago, Graham said:

Hudson Young had a good game. Raiders didn’t miss Josh Hodgson. 
Would have loved Josh to have been fit and figured in this side.

As Sticky said post match other players had to stand up and take more responsibility, which bodes well for the squad for next year.

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

Archived