Rangi Chase joins West Wales Raiders

11 hours ago, DEANO said:

Evidence speaks for itself. Nomadic clubs in their short history lack of crowds hammerings and.  here today gone  tomorrow. Much as I admire them and wish them all the best history shows it doesn’t work in Wales 

actually history shows it hasnt really been tried... 

read any of the history of RL and you will see that is the case in most expansion.. dropping clubs in, giving them no support, hoping that somehow it will grip is not trying expansion and it is not professional. 

Welsh expansion has its own unique problems but history simply shows things we should be wary of the next time, it does not and never does show that you should not try again. History only repeats itself if you are not prepared to learn from it. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was concerned about how the parents of the young players at the Academy would welcome 2 players with such a negative publicity regarding their off - field behaviour.

Fortunately,Salford Red Devils have ridden to the rescue

https://wrl.wales/wrl-enter-into-strategic-partnership-with-salford-red-devils

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I'm amazed at how much negativity has been in this thread, this signing, if nothing else, shows that West Wales is trying to address some of the issues which have hurt the club in previous seasons which have been:

• Ability to attract players to the club
  • Ability to introduce professional structures
  • Ability to raise awareness about the club

Regardless of what you might think of Rangi as an individual, the fact he has over 200+ games of first grade experience, played in the NRL and Super League, and has 8 caps with England, means he is certainly not a nobody and will go a way to helping address some of those issues, especially when paired with Gavin Henson plus the retention of some of the coaching staff from last season.

Now of course there is more for the club to do, but this is positive news.

In fact there is a nice swell of positive news for Wales of late.  Outside of this and the Salford partnership, I see the Flintshire Falcons are reforming for 2021, plus there are some clubs reforming / returning in the south as well and of course a steady trickle of Welsh junior talent being picked up by SL clubs.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

14 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I was concerned about how the parents of the young players at the Academy would welcome 2 players with such a negative publicity regarding their off - field behaviour.

Fortunately,Salford Red Devils have ridden to the rescue

https://wrl.wales/wrl-enter-into-strategic-partnership-with-salford-red-devils

fantastic news!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2020 at 09:24, Hela Wigmen said:

Is Chase moving down to that part of Wales, does anyone know? Or is he going to travel down for games and training?

I read it that he would be moving that way. Carl Hall said “The decision Rangi has made is one based on his personal circumstances and wanting to progress his career post rugby league.”

whilst Rangi said: 

I am really looking forward to it and I will be down there probably in a couple of weeks to train hard and do the best I can and hopefully help take this club up the ladder and give the competition a shake up.”

Archived