Fev through the Ages: Hookers

fevnut

Over time fevnut has been publishing the ten players in our history who have made the most appearances in each position. In April we published the Prop Forwards and now we move on to the Hookers who made the most appearances. There is only one in the list who played in the Summer Era, a symptom of the rapid turnover of players we have had in the last few years.

Access the list by clicking on the link below.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2020/10/fev-through-ages-hookers.html

Saw Arthur Wood play as well as the others. He was a true Fev lad and well known in Featherstone. Went on to play for Leeds. I feel sure he made international honours. When hookers were hookers he was one of the best.

3 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Saw Arthur Wood play as well as the others. He was a true Fev lad and well known in Featherstone. Went on to play for Leeds. I feel sure he made international honours. When hookers were hookers he was one of the best.

Really?! I know you are even older than me but find it hard to comprehend that you saw either Charlie Hepworth or Percy Morris.

Used to walk up from Scarborough Terrace. In the back to back house days. I had a feeling that Arthur Wood in his youth lived on  the street near Gough's shop. opposite the Square, where I lived until I was 4ish, near Goldings and Candlings and my old mates Billy Parks and Ralph Morgan .  There was Chapel Street and Phipps Street somewhere near there. Sorry about the error.

53 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

A (slightly over the top) account of Arthur Wood's career, written by Leeds RLFC:

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/player/arthur-wood/

21 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Used to walk up from Scarborough Terrace. In the back to back house days. I had a feeling that Arthur Wood in his youth lived on  the street near Gough's shop. opposite the Square, where I lived until I was 4ish, near Goldings and Candlings and my old mates Billy Parks and Ralph Morgan .  There was Chapel Street and Phipps Street somewhere near there. Sorry about the error.

2 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

That would be a perfect name for one of the new stands "The Scarborough Terrace"

Good idea. if we followed that street with its back to back houses we could get back to back wins!!

Archived