Mikolaj Oledzki remarkable Rugby League journey

Mikolaj has done extremely well since getting regular starts.I love his willingness to get involved both in attack and defence he his a very strong player.He is not a natural but he admits that.If his coaches improve his handling and passing he will improve further.In the old days forwards didn't grow into the game until their mid to late twenties.Not the same game today however we might not see the best of Mikolaj for two or three years.I presume it is because Football is so strong in the country that Germany have not invested in Rugby League,as a country i think we have much in common.

On 12/10/2020 at 09:44, sentoffagain2 said:

Mikolaj has done extremely well since getting regular starts.I love his willingness to get involved both in attack and defence he his a very strong player.He is not a natural but he admits that.If his coaches improve his handling and passing he will improve further.In the old days forwards didn't grow into the game until their mid to late twenties.Not the same game today however we might not see the best of Mikolaj for two or three years.I presume it is because Football is so strong in the country that Germany have not invested in Rugby League,as a country i think we have much in common.

While central and eastern european countries are "built for rugby" they already have Ice Hockey, Handball and WaterPolo to go at which all have the physical element to them so adding another one in is potentially difficult.

42 minutes ago, RP London said:

While central and eastern european countries are "built for rugby" they already have Ice Hockey, Handball and WaterPolo to go at which all have the physical element to them so adding another one in is potentially difficult.

I think over here though we have huge Eastern European communities in our RL heartlands that should be a major focus for the sport to grow into.

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think over here though we have huge Eastern European communities in our RL heartlands that should be a major focus for the sport to grow into.

yes totally agree with that.

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

On this theme

I listened to that, it was just a thoughtless ramble really. I do think loads of Eastern Europeans in this country would be up for a game of League if they knew about it / were encouraged though. 

54 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I listened to that, it was just a thoughtless ramble really. I do think loads of Eastern Europeans in this country would be up for a game of League if they knew about it / were encouraged though. 

Tbf I hadn't listened to it and just posted when I saw it. 

I think Oledzki has come on a lot this year. He is an impressive athlete and is really starting to bend the line. A good turn of pace for a big man too.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Huge Eastern European community in Hull though I don't know how engaged they are with RL, I think they tend to be football people more. I tried converting a couple of Romanians I knew a few years back but they were totally uninterested, even offered to buy them tickets so they could go to a game with me for free and they were up for it until they realised Hull FC was a rugby club not a football club. 

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Huge Eastern European community in Hull though I don't know how engaged they are with RL, I think they tend to be football people more. I tried converting a couple of Romanians I knew a few years back but they were totally uninterested, even offered to buy them tickets so they could go to a game with me for free and they were up for it until they realised Hull FC was a rugby club not a football club. 

I know a couple of Poles here in Norfolk who play rugby and think it’s great, of course it’s Union but I’m sure they’d like League too if they lived somewhere with a team. I’m fairly sure many of the Kings Lynn team who were formed a few years ago were Lithuanians too. 

Archived